Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the perfect place for the 1/8th mile talk. All you east coast guys jump in here!!

Barona and Irwindale as well!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright smartasses just start posting to quiet those damn crickets! ;)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
the 1/8 is where i'll be hanging out in the future. i have a choice of driving 95 miles and baking in the methford heat to run 1/4 or driving 75 miles to coos bay and running the 1/8 on a hot low 70s kind of day with no real wait in line. hmmm.... let me think for a minute... hmmm

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
LOL No brainer there huh Brian!

Your by Medford,Or?

My parents lived in the Applegate by Ashland!

Great country!!

Welcome to the forum, very pleased to have your be a part of this project.

Please feel free to share your opinions and ideas to make this better

Brian Watts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It seems like everyone here in the south runs 1/8 mile... Maybe after the Forum becomes public they'll post here....

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
so67vw said:
It seems like everyone here in the south runs 1/8 mile... Maybe after the Forum becomes public they'll post here....
Thats my hope is that when we go public the 1/8 mile guys back east and down south will jump on here

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Brian Watts said:
so67vw said:
Thats my hope is that when we go public the 1/8 mile guys back east and down south will jump on here
They will.... People are a LOT more conservitive down here.... They'll like it..... Just tell them that you are bellow the Mason Dixon line and they'll jump right on it... :D

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
OK Fellas - East Coaster from MD here. MIR (MD International Raceway) Budds Creek, MD is at my back door and it is a strictly 1/4 mile track. That is what I'm used to. I've been trying to get these guys over here to run 1/4 mile but alot of them are geared for 1/8th. I do find that bracket racing in the 1/8th is much harder, especially with a turbo car.
BUT, I love anything 1/8th or 1/4 in a heads up format!!!!

I've been trying to get these boys to run Unlimited Street East in the 1/4 and almost had them hooked but they went back to 1/8th.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Why is it that us EAST COAST people get the blame for 1/8th mile VW racing. I've been doing this since the mid 70s and all our races were 1/4 (mostly NHRA) There were not as many "VW" races as on the west coast.
First time I heard of an 1/8th mile race was an IVWA event at Gainesville i think it was 91 or 92 and I thought what the heck is this. sort of like just putting the head in ;)
But you Know what its just as much fun I think you really have to be on your game a little more.

I always build my car for 1/4

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Drag Racing is Drag Racing,....PERIOD..... whether it be 1/8 mile which I run a lot of cause the only track in San Diego is 1/8 mile,[Barona}...... or 1/4 mile,

As the unofficial Barona Track Spokesperson, I might add that Barona is THE FINEST 1/8 Mile Track to be found on the Entire West Coast, .....Bar NONE..

my car is set up to Drag Race 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile ;)
N/A , 1/8 dont get outta third, ..
On the unit, 1/8 , well into 4th

1/4 ,...... just much more FUN cause its Faster! it,s ALL Drag racing to me.......

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Paul ??? Are you back on the tracK?????

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Fiatdude said:
Paul ??? Are you back on the tracK?????
Still waiting for the Ercos to arrive.......all repairs are completed.
Decided to make some changes,....gotta get the JCL shifter mounted.....bumping the motor UP a tad......
Tranny gettin a freshen up.......

dont much matter tho cause I am taking on a New project for 10-12 weeks starting next week, 6 -12s...wont be home till project is done

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I told you to let me know about those rims -- I could of had them for you by now -- --

SO you doing some booming -- where you going?? -- -- I've got a refinery starting Dec 1 7/12's

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The Inspector said:
Barona is THE FINEST 1/8 Mile Track to be found on the Entire West Coast, .....Bar NONE..
Hmmm...I don't know about that Paul...my best 1/8 mile and 60' times have all been at Irwindale...even better then Sac.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Busterjohn said:
Hmmm...I don't know about that Paul...my best 1/8 mile and 60' times have all been at Irwindale...even better then Sac.
Buster, Irwindale cannot come close to Barona in terms of Atmosphere. Traction, track personel,Track Preperation and Quality of surface, Air quality, (no smog),.... No local Police cruising the pits...........
, you prolly will get better times at Irwindale because of the Altitude but Barona has TWO Perfect lanes....

Harold, The Boys at VW Paradise take VERY GOOD care of me and my car! When the wheels come in , I,ll get em.....

I,ll be in Arizona on another Border Fence project, then its back to Camp Pendleton......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts