Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, so one day I will do a big motor and turbo setup in my bug. For now I figured I start small and take baby steps. The motor is a recently fresh 1500dp in my 66 bug. I've purchased a used ray jay turbo setup with dual 40mm dellortos. I've done some research, and know I will need upgraded valve springs and a locked out distributor (comes with a distributor), I would assume from my previous performance background I will need to upgrade the fuel with a better pump etc. Some other things I was considering were, an aux oil cooler, cht gauge, adding a blow off valve (to eliminate compressor surge?),wideband o2. Can you guys help me out with some other tips/needs to keep it safe for awhile while I learn the ways of air-cooled performance? Im familiar with turbo's, nitrous, blowers etc, but never on an air-cooled engine. Any tips are appreciated and I DO listen. lol. Here is a pic of the turbo setup as is now.

Thanks in advance everyone. I'll get some pics of the car up asap I'm stoked! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts