Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2014 Hangover Nationals is on at Dragway 42 on Jan.1st Hope to see all there Its a ton of fun and a whole lot better than football because you use two balls not one

·
Registered
476 Posts
We're going to get some rain, and above freezing temps the end of this week. If the rain has washed some of the salt off the roads, and it's dry, and above 30, I'm planning on bringing the Super. If it's sloppy, or we get a bunch of snow, we just put some industrial strength buckshot mudder studded snow tires on Mom's Beetle, and I'll probably end up with that. Common out, it's too silly to miss!

Edit: After checking out 42's site, they specifically note no studs or chains. I ran the car last year with studs, and no one said anything... I guess we'll have to wait, and see what the weather's like. Those are about the only two vehicles I have that I feel comfortable running, so if it's bad, I might be out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Gettin close! It looks like it's going to be in the low 20's. With the weather in the mid 40's today, I broke down and put the Summer Tires back on the New Beetle, so I'm all set!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be there and hope to meet the new owners with the idea to make contact with them about maybe having one evevt there this year to fill in the schedule

·
Registered
476 Posts
Damn, a lot of work for not a lot of fun. The positives were the track looks to be in excellent hands. Hank, and Jack found out there are some major improvements in store for 42 in 2014. The crew they had running the track, and lanes did so in a fast efficient manner. The negative was, the tree malfunctioned on my first run showing I left before the activation of the top bulb, giving me a red light. I borrowed the shops Gopro for some fun, and went back to view my staging to see if I did move, and the car was stone still after pulling in the second bulb. I went to ask John about it, and went up into the tower, but it all fell on def ears. I didn't want to be "the first ******* racer" under the new management, so I didn't push the issue. I was saying solong to John, and he said the same thing with the tree just happened to Top Class Track Champion Randy Biddle Sr. I would imagine he might not have been as passive as I was, but I didn't stick around to see the out come. Oh well, 364 days until the 2015 Event.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fun was had by all that attended the HangOver Nationals they had a great turnout id say about 100+ plus racers i unfortunately lost by .0352 in the first round oh well tar met and talked to some of the family and track manager and look to fill in the rest of the season with them.Good to Geoff there even if he had an issue with the lights Hank and Jack were there but also lost 1st round but had smiles while doing it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There's a fun thread about the race over on yellowbullet. One guy was talking about having his Wife, 6 year old, and 8 year old riding along. During the first round he was having traction issues, but was able to run down his competitor. As soon as he passed him, his 6 year old, not knowing what the game was, yelled "YES" because they now were ahead. On the other hand, the 8 year old, that knew exactly what was going on, yelled "DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH"! I was crying I was laughing so hard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts