Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first time posting so go easy on me,I have a 2110 efi t-3 turbo motor,Im running a old school haltech f10x. I did not build this motor and it is my first experience with a efi motor.I had someone help me get a base line map installed.I am running this motor on e-85 fuel.The heads have a very very mild port job done on them and I think they are 044.I had it on the dyno the other day and it made 163 H/P on 15 pounds of boost .Of course ,I want more.What would you guys suggest. Bigger Heads ? Bigger turbo ? Better tune ?.This is all in a 70 Bug.
Johnny

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
You may have several issues without knowing everything, I would think that combo could make 250 easy.
Tuning, timing, valve springs, AFR under boost etc.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice looking car! Jerry is right, a 2110 should have the potential to be in the mid 200's without too much trouble. What cam and rocker ratio are you using? Any idea what your intake temps are under boost? What size injectors do you have? Does your ecu control ignition as well as fuel? Whats timing look like under boost?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats all great questions,I don't know much about this motor because I didn't build it.I do know that the injectors are big enough because the guy that ran it on the dyno said I had about 30 % more if I ever need it.Dont know what cam is in it.The haltech only controls the fuel and not the ignition.I have the dizzy lock out.Stock VW rockers and double springs on the valves.I am running 8.5 to 1 compression.I don't know what intake temps are,I do know the head temp never got over 250 degrees the whole time we had it on the dyno .This is the first efi turbo setup that iv owned.I can see that there is going to be a lot to learn.I have run several sidedraft turbo systems but this all new to me.It will take some time to learn it.I have a lm1 reader that I just hooked up and going to learn how to use it.I am going to take it to the track this friday night and make a few passes just to see if the car goes down the track straight.I have never driven this car.I bought it a couple of years ago and its been in storage until 2 months ago.I will play with it tell i learn it.
Johnny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts