Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm entertaining the thought of building an oxyboxer. I know there are a few people out there that have run a 101.6mm bore. My question is how well do these cylinders cool and maintain a good ring seal. Who is producing a set of 101.6mm cylinders?
I had a short conversation with someone whom I trust, and he felt that the 101.6 bore was too close in the middle and wouldn't allow enough cooling air between the cylinders. What do you think??

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would think it would depend on how it's done.I had thought about doing it and spreading the cylinders appart/spliting the heads.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
with a boxer and Pauter cylinders, it should work quite nicely -- I run 4" 3 L (on E85) and the only issue I've had is oil temps (just need to get a decent oil cooler) -- Scott F has a 3 liter in his chop top and has no issues

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup that's close!!! Are you concerned about airflow between those cylinders?? Looks like a race engine... Street use would be an issue wouldn't it??

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
couldn't get the web page to work but found it on fb and according to the guys on 4inbore.com they are streetable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts