Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how thick spacers would be to run a 13x4 (zero offset) front wheels with stock VW disk brakes? :dunno: Someone out there must have done this already back in the day.

Thanks!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had the 13x7s on my auto-x buggy but no disks. When I went to disk brakes there was no way I could run those wheels. All I can offer is to cut the heads off of some bolts (or use redi-rod) to thread into the wheel bolt holes and start stacking washers until you get the clearance you need and measure your thickness of washers. I sure miss my 13s and the slicks I could get for them. All the 15" race slicks are made for heavier cars and a far too hard for my buggy.

Good luck

brad

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe it is time for me to pass these on and get some 15" wheels then :confused: crap!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Brian F said:
maybe it is time for me to pass these on and get some 15" wheels then :confused: crap!
I'd try and figure out if you can shim them to work first. a 4" bell is pretty shallow so you may be able to do it. A bug sitting on 13's looks so cool......

brad

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone, off list, suggested spacers might not pass tech. Oh, and this is for my notchback ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts