Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 days before an event and the rules get changed? Double points in AZ, but only in promod? wonder who pushed for that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: WHO IS THE WHINEY BITCH

The PRA changes the "rules of the game" at the end???!!! Are you kidding me???? I maybe only a spectator, an often paying spectator, but even I can see this is really B.S. Who the hell is sponsoring this race where they change the rules at the end? Its more than a whiney little bitch behind this one. Why race or go to a race that is not on a fair playing field? :angry:

·
Registered
57 Posts

Or should I say who has the power and standing to be treated differently and given "help" over every single other racer in the PRA?????? :dunno:?

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts

Gotta love the drama though. Maybe the PRA will duplicate what the ECPRA did on the east coast. Settle it with a brawl inside the trailer next to a $50,000 car.

·
Registered
416 Posts

The solution seems so simple, at PRA events the rules and such should be address'd at a drivers meeting slash PRA meeting when all the attending drivers are present and can voice there opinion then vote on the class rules and changes.

·
Registered
57 Posts

scorpion said:
The solution seems so simple, at PRA events the rules and such should be address'd at a drivers meeting slash PRA meeting when all the attending drivers are present and can voice there opinion then vote on the class rules and changes.
Totally agree especially since it effects ALL the drivers.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts

When the leadership of the PRA makes a decision at the racetrack it should be final not subject to change two months later.

This comes down to our first round of qualifying at the last Sac event. When we fired the Baron in the staging lanes the car would not run. The car was still in the staging lanes so we pushed it out of the way onto the return road and watched Kris attempt his first qualifying pass. On the burnout kris had a small engine fire. As they were cleaning up the track Eric realized that the relay was bad and by passed it so we pulled back around to the staging lanes and I ask Kevin if we were allowed to run. He said since PM was still qualifying and we had not attempted to qualify it was okay. So we proceeded to run down the track. On this pass we ran a 8.55 and torched the head due to a loose connection on the jumper. It could be looked as... his decision to allow us to run [email protected]$ked us.... so should the last race be worth no points because of his decision?

We decided to run the car on three cylinders the next day to get points but later saturday night with the help of some liquid motivation we decided to try and fix the head. Kris welded it for us and we appreciated that. So we sat out the 2nd and 3rd qualifier. We ended up being the #1 qualifyer because no else ran better in their qualfiying passes. Being that it was a 7 car field we would end up with a bye. Well, 30 min before eliminations and after the other team was unable to beat our 8.55, Kevin comes to our pits asking if we will run another qualifer because someone complained about the validity of our first pass. Hmmm.. .wonder who that was? We called bullshit and referenced the rule book. A decision was made by the PRA and it should be final. I guess they could have made a decision to run us again but they did not. Nothing else was said besides some bitching behind the scene.

Ultimately we went out in the second round with a grabbing clutch that pulled the car through the lights causing a red.

So why now? Why wasn't fontana a double points race? Why does this come up 6 days before the final race with us having a 63 point lead? Total Bullshit!!

So who is it? "sac up"

·
Premium Member
677 Posts

I'm missing where the mistake was made to start this....If you didn't attempt to make a qualifying pass yet, then you can still make a qual pass as long as the qual session for the field hasn't ended. Had you pulled into the burnout box and then pulled off, I would have to say attempt made.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts