Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
JD sure is doing some nice work on em (read a few giving him some grief over the numbers ?!?!).... Max flow ISNT everything though but our corner of the racing world dont always understand that......

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'd like to see a readily avaliable header for these heads. Everything I think i've seen is custom for them.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Eaallred said:
I'd like to see a readily avaliable header for these heads. Everything I think i've seen is custom for them.
Think about it - EVERY motor is a different width. Sooooo many variables as far as cooling tin etc.
It would be a nightmare trying to make something that "fits all". The angled exhaust ports add 4 more bends to the system at a minimum.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Every motor that takes a regular header is different widths as well. That's not the reason its not avaliable.

It's obviously because when you go to a head like that, it certainly isn't a street car, and cars at that level are all configured differently. There just isn't a market to try to make a header for those heads that wouldn't be used 'for all applications'. There's just no demand for one single header for those heads. I know/understand that. But doesn't mean I can't be bummed out that it's not avaliable.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Eaallred said:
Every motor that takes a regular header is different widths as well. That's not the reason its not avaliable.
It makes it MUCH harder to make that slip section that the "retail" merged headers have.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Thats just the raw head.
I have two sets having seats and guides being put in right now.
ALSO, I have found that these can really only be used on 4" bore or larger motors. The revised intake port section will not allow a smaller stuf pattern.
Jeff is building them with waterboxer stud patterns. I am building them with the priginal ARPM 3 liter stud patterns (requires ARPM or Pauter block).

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I have not personally used them on the street but I know that Jeff does and there seems to be no issue.
They work well on a N/A motor as long as you dont go too crazy porting the exhaust port. It flows REALLY well as is and if you open it wany up on a N/A motor, you can "over-scavenge" the chamber and have a crappy running motor.

My opinion is that they are the best turbo head ever built.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Marty, are those copper beryllium seats in the picture above? Those are some beautiful heads and beautiful port work! Dibs on the wedge ports Brian!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Brian Watts said:
Marty Staggs said:
My opinion is that they are the best turbo head ever built.
Reeeally? :eek:

I need to get a set then !!

Thanks Marty

My CB wedgeports are for sale and takers ?
i need some better heads for my racecar... i'll give ya 6 bucks for the wedgeports!

·
Registered
358 Posts
the last batch of angle flows was more taylored to the 4" bore motors, we have the drag race configuration and working on the street port and yes they are streetable. Jeffs 3 litre was mild manored pump gas motor that ran for three years and the last 9 months in my car. it produced 215hp and 215tq (RW) with my tranny coming apart on the dyno. The header was custom built, took about 4 hours using a 1 7/8 merged header and modifying. i heard there is going to be a run of 94 bore angle flows soon. the new motor will be out soon with the new street port on it we will see how it does. ;D

·
Registered
358 Posts
hey marty,
any of your turbo powerhouses coming out with angle flos soon or are you waiting for the new batch to come out?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts