Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard Shaun McCarthy will be running Geers prepped engine this year. All I can say is I know he will be really pleased with the service & reliability.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Both the engine and trans in that car were a mess. :mad:
Between Mike Gagnier reworking the trans and Geer's on the engine, Shaun and Francis can focus on making that chassis go straight! ;)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Hmmm, Geers prepped? Does that mean Shaun is doing his own heads as opposed to the usual Chong Woo/Geers combo? Can't imagine Shaun using someone elses heads.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both the engine and trans in that car were a mess. :mad:
Between Mike Gagnier reworking the trans and Geer's on the engine, Shaun and Francis can focus on making that chassis go straight! ;)
Sounds like he & wife are headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, Geers prepped? Does that mean Shaun is doing his own heads as opposed to the usual Chong Woo/Geers combo? Can't imagine Shaun using someone elses heads.
I think the agreement was that Shaun will be doing his own head prep. I don't know any specifics just what I heard. Makes sense though since Shaun M. is a head porter, etc...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
arhh crap..thread hijack coming...bunch of guys been on facebook posting Chong Woo heads and talking chit about Chong gave them signature series heads and hes been by their house..chit got ole GRAMZ all F&%$K up..been looking a Woo pic for 10 years now..no chit...anyway..you know if GEERS doin that motor hes gonna do it right..if he feels Woo needs to put his touch on the heads ,,,so be it..don't think McCarthy would mind..just sayin

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
arhh crap..thread hijack coming...bunch of guys been on facebook posting Chong Woo heads and talking chit about Chong gave them signature series heads and hes been by their house..chit got ole GRAMZ all F&%$K up..been looking a Woo pic for 10 years now..no chit...anyway..you know if GEERS doin that motor hes gonna do it right..if he feels Woo needs to put his touch on the heads ,,,so be it..don't think McCarthy would mind..just sayin

Geers will do it right for sure. Just ask Jason Poynter. After he had Geers re-do his P/S combo it has stayed together, he has made more passes, and experienced less failure than what he experienced in the past with a different builder. In fact he hasn't experienced any failures. So that adds up to money well spent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts