Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year the Pittsburgh World of Wheels Custom Car Show had a special VW Section. I'm pretty sure they will be doing this again for 2014, but I'm waiting for confirmation to be sure. If they are having a VW Section, anyone interested in bringing out their car? My buddy Vernon had his Purple Turbo Beetle there last year. Andy Short had his Golf Powered Oval, and my buddy Dave Leis had his Bus, and 65 Beetle there. Hersch from Talkhotrods, and the Flashlight Drags had is 67 Beetle there with primered spots, so your car doesn't necessarily need to be this perfect show car. I think the crowd would enjoy any one of the NCVWDRA's Street, or Race Cars.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hersch was going to let me know if there was a VW Section, and I haven't heard back from him yet. Let me see what I can find out, and I'll get back to you ASAP. "Technically" vehicles had to be registered 20 days prior to the event, but I would imagine Hersch might be able to still get you entered if you decide you want to go.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric, There IS a VW Section at the Pittsburgh WOW, and I was able to get a hold of the VW coordinator Mike Cima. He said that the WOW Planning Crew will be meeting this Friday to do a final floorpan layout, and he's going to see if he can fit you in. I mentioned about your feature in Hot VW's, and since your car is a less common Ghia, I think he's really going to try and fix you up. I'll get a hold of you as soon as I find anything more out. I'm sure you know the drill like with the Cleveland Autorama, and may need to have your car down at the Convention Center Thursday.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, not too many people realize it's a 4 day event, and some carefully orchestrated loading/unloading of a few hundred cars in an indoor space. At least you've been to a similar event. I'll let Mike know you won't be able to make it. Let's hope they have another section next year, and maybe we can get a group together.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They didn't end up having a VW Section, but there were a few. Andy brought his Watercooled Oval, a buddy of Bill Sewak's, Armon, brought a real nice Flat Black Ragtop with Rader Wheels, and there was a Early 70's Sunroof Beetle in the Rat Rod Section. It was a nice event overall, but the bad weather/poor road conditions really hurt spectator attendance. There would have been a lot that would have of appreciated your car, but you may have been disappointed there weren't more VW's. Maybe we can get a NCVWDRA Section next year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts