Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dying to see the progress of his Super Street car...I know he is on this site...let's see what you got so far Art.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Where is the "Mad Pineapple" ???

Good evening all, I just joined air cooled tonight and noticed the "Where's the Pineapple thread. The cars coming along slowly but surely. The motors down at the Bergs, Doug is fabing up an exhaust system for the car from scratch. I've been gathering up for the projest for the last 2 years and now have just about everything for the car except roll cage, fire suit and 5 point harness. Last weekend I finished chopping the 1955 bug's top 3 3/4", this weekend comes the body work, bondo etc. Maybe a few of you know that I'm a machinest by trade from reading a couple posts I've put on Cal-look? On that site I've shared some pictures of the engine parts I've made from scratch, the cylinder heads machined from 40 lbs. per head of 6061 air craft aluminum and also the rocker arms? Tonight I'll attach a few pictures of the engine before going down to the Bergs, I'll also include pictures of the rockers, heads etc. and the pineapple J gasser that I crashed back in 1977 at bug-in 17, the car I'm now building is bringing the pineapple back from the past. Anyway thanks so much for the interest, I'm flattered. If any of you have suggestions they'd be much appreciated, Art.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

The Mad Pineapple II said:
I'm not sure but I suspect I can only upload 1 picture at a time so I'll upload them individually?
No you should be able to upload a few at a time!

I really appreciate the update thanks

Looking forward to seeing the car driving!!

·
Registered
39 Posts

The picture of the green bug was uploaded accidently, it's the car I bought 2 years ago to build the new car from. Attached to this thread is a picture of my original back in 1977 that I'm reproducing at the new super street car. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
39 Posts

The picture of the green bug was uploaded accidently, it's the car I bought 2 years ago to build the new car from. Attached to this thread is a picture of my original back in 1977 that I'm reproducing at the new super street car. Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,854 Posts

The Mad Pineapple II said:
Attached to this thread is a picture of my original back in 1977 that I'm reproducing at the new super street car. Sorry for the confusion.
So will the new SS car be similar in just paint?

Or are you going for the retro look with old school headlights fenders etc?

Looking forward to seeing it

Brian

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Brian Watts said:
Where is Art at?

Love to see updates on this car
No pictures but Art posted this on another forum on January 9, 2010.

"Mad Pineapple super street car getting closer to completion, just 2 days ago ordered complete fire suit from Jegs, looks like the car will be rareing and ready to attend the first PRA meet of the year, can't wait, it's been 33 years since burning up the drag strip at bug-in 17 in 1977."

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Any updates of the new car Art?

:picture:

Do you have a planned event your going to shoot for?

Till then here is the old car

[img= width=600 height=420]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/0MadPineapplechop3.jpg[/img]

[img= width=600 height=480]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/0MadPineapplechop.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
[img= width=600 height=229]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/0MadPinappleArtZeffelOwner2.jpg[/img]

[img= width=600 height=399]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/0MadPinappleArtZeffelOwner1.jpg[/img]

1 - 20 of 85 Posts