Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our August 2nd race will be at Thornhill Dragway in Morning View Kentucky. The address is :14114 Kenton Rd.
Morning View, Kentucky 41063

Track is 1/8th mile and gates open at 3pm Saturday August 2.
This is a fairly local track for the Dayton/Cincinnati racers so
come on out and race with the best VW bracket racers in the
Midwest!

See you at the track!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Troy! Eric's trans is fixed and he's ready. Tommy is ready. John Ream's trike is coming. Joey Prendergast should be there with 2 watercools. Shouls have 4 or 5 from the local KY area. We should have 12-15 cars for this one. You can double enter in the stick class if you want. I might with the Thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I googled a map and it gave me the address 14200 Kenton Station Rd. Morning View KY, which address? We are coming with our trike!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Address I have is14114 Kenton Station Rd. Morning View KY. 41063

See you there Trike!

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will be there, but due to some bumps in the road, we are just going to show up and let me play with Jetta.

None y'all want a piece of my silver bullet.

I have sausage. Those that know will find nothing inappropriate about that statement.

LOL! See you at the track!

·
Registered
61 Posts
WOW....one of my funnest days of NCVWDRA RACING EVER...we had a good showing of vw racers...my car was on the money..FAST ! and so was i...8.12 1/8 mile..2 .005 lights....i made to the finals...a NCVWDRA WIN for ROCK N RABBIT GTI...i also was in the third round of their b2 braket race..lots of fast cars there !....a very nice track we had a blast..thanks to all at THORN HILL DRAGWAY...

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the Thornhill Kentucky NCVWDRA race is history. What a BLAST! We had 14 cars in attendance with 13 making first round. JD Curry brought out his Pro Stocker to bracket race it! We had John Ream with his Trike, both stock and hot rod watercooled VW's, a dune buggy, a Thing, a Ghia and several bugs from mild to wild! The track pitted us together directly across from the starting line and we had a great crowd of spectators flowing though the VW pits all evening. The spectators LOVED the VW's!
After some hard racing, the three men left standing were Troy McNair, Matt Lloyd and JD Curry.
Troy took out JD in the semi's with Matt taking the bye but running it out! (LIKE) Troy and Matt squared off in the finals with Troy taking the win! Congratulations Troy!
The NCVWDRA was very happy with the track and the staff treated us very well. The concessions were delicious and priced right! The NCVWDRA would like to thank Thomas Borgia and the Bluegrass Super Shifters for inviting us to piggy back with there race. Thank you to our sponsors for the bonus cash and prizes up for our winners! Thank you Thornhill Dragway for hosting our group!
Our next race is at Quaker City Motorsports Park in Salem, Ohio on Saturday August 23rd. Gates open at 11. Time trials at 1pm with Eliminations starting between 5-6pm. $40.00 gets you in the action!

See you at the track!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts