Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is my street car i have been running stock suspension for the longest time with a 1776
the picture above was from those days

in the past months my dad and i have been workin on goin on to the next step here ya go
:drunks:

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Re: bens street build thread

Thanks for sharing Ben, did you say thats a 1776 yanking the from up like that WOW!

So whats your plans for the car?

Keep us posted

·
Registered
101 Posts

Brian Watts said:
Thanks for sharing Ben, did you say thats a 1776 yanking the from up like that WOW!
i was thinking the same thing. wow.
what front shocks do you have on that?

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts

Ben you gotta let them know.....................
Guys, he's got a top secret weapon in his corner..................im not namin names but when you find out you'll be pissed :whistling:

By the way, that 1776 put some VERY good numbers on my dyno....................but Ben is now skeered i wanna see a huffer on the valdeez but i under stand MOMMY says no! I do happen to have a real nice t somethin somthin waiting for that guy.................and i think i can push 20#'s down ida's i've almost got em fig out just 2 more things to make sure.

Guys, him and Brian Davis were at Barona one night just havin fun..........I've got 2 pics of their cars.................I gotta admit though Brians manx was on the cage with BOTH rear tires off the ground

Ben...........................post more pics or TINI will be chewin on your tire

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah the 1776 was picture with wheels up
there were no front shocks on it and old blown out kybs in the back typical street car stuff
no bill mom gave us the green light on the boost but i like it aspirated idk why
and with the up coming add on weve spoken about its gunna be gnarly
and yes brians car was absolutly shocking SLICKS ARE AWESOME hahaha :jig:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

and then it exploded
4:37 goes down
so after a bagillion hours the 3:88 is all stress relived and polished up
hahahha i love ftc stuff thank god for my old man he did the parts and the assembly i watched :happy:
this is what happens when you run out of parts and yer board
if i would have waited another 6 months i could have got that bad ass white rhino o well its still holdin up
all back in we also made a spool for it with some big ass axels polished to chrome but jus messin with some combos
this is the 2386 that dad had chillen on the shelf for god know how long been beat for 5 seasons and still put it down for drag day
allback together ready for drag day
goin to drag day

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

Wow, love the way your car leaves the line, that looks like one fun ride you got there! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

heres the pan with the tranny raise and the bulk head raise
also head some time to punch a couple holes

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

this is car after dad and i decided the section the bottom of the car by removing the heater channel
i thank god my dad is such a skilled craftsman

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

got a rlr rolll cage in it all fitted up and ready to finish weld dad came up with the bitchin idea of beefing up the horns and making up struts that tie in to the cage and the rear solid mount
they are bolted in with heim joints in order to be able to remove the gearbox with the axels

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

well thanks to dads amazing eye for detail we built a badass starter pulled 4.5 pounds lighter
and reclocked the starter in the tranny case to clear the horn supports

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts