Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have an Optima myself.... I've had good and bad luck with them.... About five years ago or so I had three of them go bad fast..... The one I have in my car right now is about four years old.... The car has been sitt'n alot in the last four years.... This last year it has sat with the battery still hooked up and NOT running... Last week I hooked it up to my charger/tester and gave it a charge.... With about three days of up and down random cycles I have got it to hold a good charge.... I go out and turn the car over randomly to see if it is holding the charge and every time I do it spins the motor over without effort.... Not bad for an old (should be dead) battery on "OLD" used starter, 10.5 to 1 comp, and heavy valve springs on a cold day..... I'm very impressed....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ive had 2 yellow tops over the last 6-7 years. The first one was sitting for about 2 years (got it from a friend) I put a hard charge on it for a bit then trickled it a while and its still going. Fires my racer no prob. Was in my hot rod boat for a few seasons (big chevy big compression) and is now in my truck. I got a new one last year for the racer as I am so impressed with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts