Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be cool to post your best wheelie picture. While I don't have one as of yet, everyone else post them wheels up in the air, wrinkled slicks, hang on for dear life pics! :waassup:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I wish I could find the picture in Hot VWs that was taken of my car some where around 91 to 93, it was two pages of the Dragonslayer standing straight up in the air, it was a cool picture but it was a parts breakage, the wheelie bars broke and were bent straight up.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Mean Gene said:
I remember it Dom...I have the issue somewhere! Which means I have NO IDEA where, lol!

If I could find the issue, maybe Dean could make a picture for me.

Also, congratulations for your runner up finish & also taking the top mph & low ET money, you are defiantly setting the benchmark on the USE, way to go...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thank you Dom. And thank you for putting that money up for Top ET and Top MPH. Believe me, I am much happier having those titles as having the USE title! ;)

Your compliments mean a lot to me...you are a one of the guys I have always looked up to going back to the late 80's when we first started messing with these cars. That is why I am sure I have that issue of Hot VW's you're talking about. Because back then, I didn't miss an issue, soaking up all the knowledge we could from guys like you that were pushing the envelope and setting the bar so long ago. I am happy to be in the company of people such as yourself, to be setting the bar in a class of racing. Honestly, I never dreamed all those years ago, when lowering our cars by pulling some torsion bars out, or filling the speaker holes in the dash, that we would be where we are today.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts