Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Looks like they added a small wing and decklid for the rebuild. I wonder if the rear end got light on the top end and that's what caused the crash at Bako...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still racing strong

Haha yes the old scirocco body has been converted to a dog house in my parents backyard. Dad just couldn't let anyone else own it.

Bob Godfrey's latest is 457ci 72 cuda. For those of you who know my Dad... he always puts out a cool paint job but this one tops them all in my opinion. This current car's fastest time is 5.89 at 242mph. Craving more speed is why he switched makes and models over the years and the chase continues. See you at the races.

Lindsay Godfrey

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you know the name Bob Godfrey from the 80s and 90s you know Bob was one of the fastest cars in California back then and was always going faster

His company Car Craft is still around

Ever wonder where he went to?

His first (I think) ghia

The same ghia with new paint

Then he got a little more serious and built this ghia for match racing which was popular back then for the fastest VW to do. This car ended up wrecked unfortunatly

Match racing a V8 maverick , this was a big deal back then and always had the crowd going nuts when the VW beat the V8s

Then he went with the funny car trend that Cory Mac, Engine Masters, etc all did with this Scirroco funny car

Well he loved the Funny car enough he stuck with it, but switched to the nostalgia circuit with the big boys and still is racing

Home - Bob Godrey Racing

https://www.facebook.com/bobgodfrey.racing

So there is a "Where are they Now"
Thanks Brian for the flashback. My Dad and I are racing in Denver this weekend and we had someone show us this on their phone. Your just missing the red vet which was after the scirocco and the latest car a 72 cuda which I posted. Awesome recap. Made my Dad smile and tell a few cool old stories to some people in the trailer when we were looking at your post. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Was talking to Godfrey today and shamed him into texting me a couple of pictures ---

First is the infamous Godfrey Ghia as it sits today at the back of his house -- He's using it as his Dog's house....

Second is of his FC from this past weekend -- the shot during a burnout with the huge header flames I thought was beyond cool

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
I missed the Famoso show cause I was at Bonneville last weekend.....by the way, the Godfrey Ghia would make a good LSR car, can I borrow it?!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love finding these old threads on Bob, his cars and his accomplishments. I currently own the Race Ghia (2nd ver.) and hope to have it on the tracks soon.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts