Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Hey there Draginmark and Big Rog; and all the other racers!

Reading the reports, pics and video makes us wish we'd have flown over to help again! Another race then...

Congrats to the carb'd SS car in OT; great job to Bobby!

Aloha, Frank and Gino

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BOBBY MILLER!!!!

OMG!!!! What can I say...but if they would have had an award for the best driving skills of the day, you would have won that also!

I was sitting right behind you during our first round of qualifying and watched you handle your car as it went everywhere on that track but where it was supposed to be...and you never lifted!!!

During our first round of eliminations, I watched you wrestle it at the top end like a CHAMP!!! All I kept thinking was "We gonna be alright as long as you stay on the other side of the two yellow stripes...lol

Then during the final round...I swear my heart almost stopped as I watched you drive that beast right...left...then right again...when I saw the dust start kicking up, all I could think was "Just hold on brother because your in for a bumpy ride!!!" You handled it...and never lifted!!! Just like Hector would say..."HANDLE" I know he was in that car with you making sure you were safe...because that's what he always did...and still does!!! You deserve that win brother because I know every pass was a battle to keep it in one lane!

Congratulations again my friend!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great job of driving Bobby; CONGRATULATIONS! A guy standing near me said "How did Roger get him on a hole shot, be at least a car length ahead of Bobby at half track, turn a faster speed and get beat? I said "because when you go through the lights sideways it tends to scrub off a little speed!" LOL

Congratulations to all of the winners. Even with the minor glitches and the slalom course to get back to the pits it was a great day.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.