Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Doesn't take much to get me out to Sac Raceway (home field advantage). It would be nice to see a good showing of VW's out there representing. I'm sure the Weds night regulars will be there. I'll send a note out on the NASA mass mailing list to see if anyone is interested.
With the recent failure of NOPI, BOTI may be the next big thing for the Import racers.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
:'(
Not in the cards guys. After the excitement the last few weeks, Snoopy needs to get back to basics. Testing at the local track to figure the car out. Sorry....I will need sedation that weekend....its been ten straight years and this will be the first miss at a PRA event. Good luck to all.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
buggdude67 said:
ErikTheRed said:
I'll be out there....... hangin' out bein' cool, as usual. ;)
Are you bringing the WARBIRD?
Depends on finances. I've committed to the NASA race in Redding, I ain't gonna let my boys down on that deal..... and its only 2 weeks after Bug-O, not sure if I can afford both. If I'm gonna miss one, its gonna be Bug-0.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
eric madson said:
its been ten straight years and this will be the first miss at a PRA event. Good luck to all.
WOW, thats a hell of a "track" record.

Too bad you can't make it Eric, but totally understandable. I think you've earned a free pass on this one. ;D

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
J bros racing going to be there?

After the lifter problems you guys still coming this weekend?

How about Newk's ghia?

Hope to see you here!!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
It is with a sad hart but we can't make it to this one we still need to purchase a few more parts and don't have the $$ this week.
We still need pistons, cylinders.
and time, sorry guy's we will have it ready to go for Sac. Bug-o-Rama.
Jerry

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats understandable Jerry. Do what you gotta do to get 'er ready for sac and keep your chins up. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was considering it but I think Ill be better staying home and seeing if I can find my problem at the home track........

At this point any race is a long shot for me as their are theifs at every corner gas station taking my money.......... :mad: :mad:

Not to sound too much like a whiner but its been a hard money year on everyone including me unfortunately....

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Newk said:
Not to sound too much like a whiner but its been a hard money year on everyone including me unfortunately....
Its a hard reality for alot of us..... me especially. I haven't been able to take my car out at all this year, just don't have the money. I'm doing really good to make a car payment and put some food on the table, racing just hasta wait till times are better.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I will be there hoping it isn't just ricers everywhere and **** talking pimple faces everywhere.But going anyway, nothing else to do on a Sat

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
1bad67 said:
I will be there hoping it isn't just ricers everywhere and **** talking pimple faces everywhere.But going anyway, nothing else to do on a Sat
Dude, I am chucklin as I read this. That is funny.
(ricers everywhere and **** talking pimple faces everywhere)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
WOW just got home from the "event". Was there 20 minutes! :-\

Not good, 3 yes 3 cars in outer parking. :eek:

No one in line to get in at 12:15 pm (1:pm time trials start) And I mean zero not one car, drove right up to the girl taking ticket money. :-\

Cruised the pits and saw maybe 6-10 large semi type sponsored cars/rigs.

And then 20-30 street cars with roll bars and pretty much thats it folks!

Not one person in the stands! :'(

And only ONE Aircooled racer on the premises, local Chris Brown in his red turbo Ghia! :mad:

The Kelley's were their with the Toyo tires car but were busy as I drove around so wasn't able to say Hi!

Had a huge stage set up for a band or awards or whatever.

But I can't help but think that BOTI and the promoter are big losers at this venue. :mad:

Talked to Eric Madson and he says Vegas a couple weeks ago was a good turnout and was surprised to hear it was so low at Sac.

But did add that most of the crowds were at Vegas for the Drifting events and since Sac has no place to do the drifting maybe thats why it's so slow? :-X

Hate to say it but this is not a good sign for BOTI and for motorsports in general.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Just got home from BOTI (8pm)

Yes the turnout was very light. It had to hurt the promoters in the pocket book but they were all very positive about BOTI overall. Some of the multi-car teams only brought one car out. Most speculate it's the broken economy.
The low car count can be looked at a couple of different ways. From a racer's viewpoint, with a small field, a racer has a better chance of making it to paying rounds, going home early, and the car takes less of beating.
Had I had any foresight. I would have brought a car out. In fact after I saw the light turnout in Quick 16, I started making phone calls to some of my local racer buddies. In fact the turnout for Q16 was so light, they combined Sportsman and Q16 entries just to get a full field. After qualifying, they would pick the top 16 cars for Q16, and the rest would fall into Sportsman. The beauty of this is that the you still got a full payout of $500.00 for a win in Q16, and $200.00 for Runner-Up.
Get this.....the bump spot for Q16 was 13.70, Damn! I could have easily made that field in one of the Buggies.
Fastest Qualifier was 10.46, followed by a 10.70, and then Chris Brown at 10.99 with the boost way down. The rest of the field was 12 and 13 second cars. Sadly Chris broke out in the first round running 10.91 on a 11.00 dial in.
My pal Doug Colley ran in the Sportsman class which pays $200.00 for the win and $100.0 R/U. Doug went -.087 red in the first round.
To bad for the VW crowd, but it was a good opportunity to run for some cash. I'm going to continue to kick myself for not running home to get a car......My Bad!
Scott Kelly won his first round, I left before the 2nd round of Pro.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts