Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking out loud here so don't put the horse before the cart.

But what if someone was to start a type 2 class for west coast events, who would show up?

I mean it would happen if there was 1 or 2 buses.

But it might be fun to see more buses racing.

Especially if they were running 12, and 13s!

Speak up if you want anyone to consider it!! :now:

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
It would be very cool to see a Bus Class. Car count (or is it Bus Count?) would be hard to predict. Drag In has been running a Bus class for awhile. I've seen as many as 6 Buses in the line up.
At Sac BOR's the Drag Bus has been there for the last 7 straight years. On occasion there has been 1 or 2 other Buses in the lanes, but that's about it.
I'm all for seeing a Bus Class and would be motivated to get one into the line-up if it happens.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I am a Bus dude, so this would really give me some wood. I am usually selling my VW sh*t , I mean stuff in the swap at the BOR, but might be inclined to run my Bus if I could get it through tech.

·
Premium Member
6,194 Posts
buggdude67 said:
I am a Bus dude, so this would really give me some wood. I am usually selling my VW sh*t , I mean stuff in the swap at the BOR, but might be inclined to run my Bus if I could get it through tech.
Battery hold down,seat belt,all lug bolts,no major oil leaks, its through.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
BOB said:
Battery hold down,seat belt,all lug bolts,no major oil leaks, its through.
I just need a batt hold down and I am ready. The only problem I have is, the Bus is my second vehicle and if I broke it, man that would suck.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
kermit said:
on my 65 bus i used a beetle strap to hold the 12v in place. 63 beetle-65 bus
I actually used a Bug gas tank hold down and it worked great. I did race my Bus in 2009 just after I installed my beefed up Porters Precision trans. I had Ken install a beefed up diff and HD side cover and 3.88 RP. My bread box is still slow at 21 plus seconds.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
How much horse power does it take to fling a bus down the quarter in 12 seconds?

Just curious.
Its just plain perverse watching one run that fast.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
calivwgeek said:
How much horse power does it take to fling a bus down the quarter in 12 seconds?

Just curious.
Check out the Bus threads here on UAC. There are a few Buses that have run a sub 12 sec qtr mile. I think the Drag Bus of Jason Lang has been into the 12s and faster. Not sure what it takes, but I would say a lot of HP.

http://ultimateaircooled.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=9247.0

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
calivwgeek said:

Just curious.
Yes it is, but our top bus on our top ten bus list is in the 11s!!

And Kawell's ran in the 10's back in the 80's!

We have a good bus following!

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Brian Sanders said:
12's? I think he runs low 14's all motor and mid 13's on the bottle.

Maybe Greg will chime in.
You are right Brian, Jason is #4 on the top ten Bus list at a 13.43. I stand corrected. Still fast for a Bus running a RGB trans.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I think that the only thing more disturbing then that single cab would be seeing a full weight westy run an 11.

That would be just plain sick.
Imagine the reactions..........

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Rich Duncan Jr said:
I just need a batt hold down and I am ready. The only problem I have is, the Bus is my second vehicle and if I broke it, man that would suck.
i used a 63 beetle strap in my 65 panel bus. left the cover off and it holds my 12 volt in place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts