Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been using the same Centerforce disc in my 2332 cc for about 7-8 years. 600+ trips down the quarter mile and 28,000 miles street driving. Still seems to grip well most of the time, and saves gearboxes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Neil seems you like it il be doing most all street driving with it so I was a little worried of being to grabby in town traffic. I have a rigid woven now and a stage 1 Kennedy. What pressure plate are you running it with.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Centerforce disc

I have a Kennedy Stage 2 PP with the Centerforce disc.

I drive my Beetle almost every day in the spring/summer, and then I race at our local Friday night Street Legals about 10 days each year. Yes, the Centerforce disc is very smooth on the street...can't really tell the difference from a stock disc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it a lot. Stg 1 kep pressure plate. Feels just like stock with that disc and will scratch my tires in second gear. Stg 1 held great till I hit 15psi then I started smelling clutch. So if you are gonna hot rod it sometimes then get a stg 2 pressure plate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm thanks rodv8 the car an I are well known on the street for not messin around! layin it down hard an hurtin feelings! Going to put the nitrous to it soon is the reason for more clutch starting to think about a 6puk an my stage1 for the street an a few street legal track nights

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just noticed what you drive... lol. my engine is only 1600dp stock block with boost and it slips the stg1 pp and cf disc. I just pulled my motor out and im debating on either stg 2 pp now or 6puck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts