Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

CB Quicktune

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tbirdusa 
#1 ·
I have a cb quicktune setup that is new to me, i am getting ready to wire it up and install the software on my laptop in the next week or two, i have a few questions. Hopefully someone knows or maybe Mark L can intercept this, anyway thanks in advance.

1. i have a mallory 685 hyfire box, msd distributor , and blaster 2 coil and i just bought (before i got the cb kit) a boost retard harness , a new set of springs to restore a timing curve, and a map sensor for the mallory 685 box. can i control the mallory spark advance/retard functions from the quick tune program ? it should be capable as long as my 685 is compatible .
or do i need to instal the spring kit and hook up the mallory boost retard kit? should i leave it locked out?(i'd prefer to have full advance unless under boost, right now locked at 24)

2. will the cb quicktune software run on windows vista? if its slow on vista or just plain better on windows 8 i can upgrade the OS. Also will the printer cable(usb) work ok or will I need the 9 pin style cable or adapter?

3.is it necessary to run a IAT sensor? Can other sensors be added not on the schematic? And last, has anyone added one of those cool PLX gauges to their O2 setup?

Like I said, I appreciate any input or tips.

Lewis (Lou)

See less See more
#5 ·
G'day Lou, I ran the Quicktune for a couple of years and found Vista to be fine with the software, particularly with using a serial to usb adapter. Mine came with the generic distributer which signals the ecu then you have your ignition table that is adjustable throughout vacuum,boost and rpm. Not sure about the compatability of your dizzy etc but if it is all timing is dealt with through the software/ecu. If not compatable, your Quicktune will be fuel only and your ignition set up separately. Hope this helps, I'm currently running Magna Fuel And spark, all the best Mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.