Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has never been a money issue, thank God.
Seat time and Seat time and more seat time
I have never felt the need to get over my head. Some day I will run with the big dogs.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
idig chops...

im going to start on mine here in a few months after i get the drag car running.

its just going to be a daily driver .... maybe.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah same here Dean. I am still working on the numbers. He wants more than I want to pay. Let's see if I can break him ;)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
He should take it to Barrett Jackson, he could get $40-50,000 with it there.

It's Rare!

LMAO :D

People act like its gold!

that thing is $2 - 2,500 at most!

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Some people amaze me. About a year ago, some toothless degenerate over in Yuba City had a late-model baja'd POS sitting for sale in his front yard, with a sign taped in the window that said "$3500 FIRM-- don't piss me off with any low-ball offers."

I wanted soooooo bad to piss the guy off--- knock on his door and ask about the nice fishing boat for sale. When he replied, "What fishing boat?", I woulda said, "The one that comes with the piece of **** bug for $3500." ;D

Some people are simply too detached from reality to deal with.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's funny. I could see you doing that.

You know he can ask whatever he wants. I know what I would pay. It either works or it doesn't/ If he finds someone that will ay is asking price more power to him.

I sold my split for what some would say was crazy money. I knew what I wanted to get for it to let it go and I did.

So we will see, he has my contact info of he wants to sell it to me.

I surprised nobody up North know's the car. The pictures look like Sac to me.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
It just amazes me how some people can distroy a beautiful car like that, I had a show winning oval window rag top chop that a guy purchased from me. He lost interest in it then he let his kid drive it and with in a year it was all beat up and dented with one stock black rim on it. I saw it and it made me sick thinking of all the hard work I put into building that.

It costs more than 2,500 now to pay someone to chop a top and you provide the car, I know I used to do it for other people when I had my shop 20 years ago and that's what I charged back then.

At today's shop rate of 60 to 100 dollars and hour, that's a lot of money!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts