Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the aftermarket cool tins for under the cylinders good to run or should i use the factory small under cylinder tins? for big turbo motor for street and strip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dont like the small tins as they are.I do like the "cool tins" when made to fit right& sealed to the upper cylinder tins. but with that said I dont have a full "tined out car" I have used the type 1 tins but I extended them. it also depends on what all tin you have and are using.I have never pulled appart any bug that had all the tin it was supposed to have,Ive never seen the funkey shaped peices on a motor execpt for a buss/singlecab.(came to me in a box with lotsa broken parts ,so they may not of been on it as they as most parts were new or neerly new with the exploded neerly new stroker engine built by a moron). there is a lot of openions on these. both work if done properly.....properly....but they didnt come on type 1 stuff??? properly is... done so they work to the best of thier ability,modded so they work,fitted,cut,bent,etc so they work,sealed so they work along with the rest of the cooling system sealed& reworked so it will handle the job of cooling a motor making 3x the oe hp....or more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts