Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Expensive option, but I would run a Quaiffe limited slip in that car. I used to have one when I ran my red car on the street and it was a riot. I notice a lot of the guys saying you should run the spool say things like "You get used to it" and "Just don't do this or that". Doesn't sound like fun to me. The limited slips make it MORE fun to take a corner, not terrifying. The only reason I don't have mine anymore is because I went to a race-only setup.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Mike. I really like the Dynatech. Any of the straight through ones will work. We actually lost torque on the flywheel dyno when we removed the muffler and air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I really appreciate all of your input guys, everything is so expensive I hate to mistakenly buy anything that does not work. Troy I am going to look up that muffler up. I just got home from my brother John Toomeys house, we officially have another USE car and she is bad. We finished the wiring and fired it up for the first time, almost got a woody, LOL. She sounds like a popcorn machine . Anyone who is considering CB Performance Magna Spark Crank trigger Ignition I highly recommend it. They really thought it out and made it simple to install , almost idiot proof. Other than the headliner Johns car should be done in about two weeks , then we will get back on mine. Thanks again for the input on my car.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Jerry, I found it for about 99.00 from multiple sources. If I am looking at the right one it is 3" inlet/3" outlet, case length is 6" and diam is 5" correct ?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
My buddy makes some real cool SS 'mufflers' -- they are straight thru and 'soften' the sound, yet still have a nice bark at throttle -- He also makes custom exhaust system for sand cars and puts these on them (he did the exhaust and intake on the Fiat for me) -- Scotty's Mufflers, San Bernardino, CA -- Tom Face is his name, very good guy http://tomface.com/

You can mount it 2 ways -- if you have the flow going in the direction shown in this next picture it is a lot quieter than running it the other way -- but you get more HP the other way

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks alot , cool looking unit. I have to quiet mine down some, my wife Sue won't ride with me if it is too loud, LOL, plus I do not want to have a problem with the local PD .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts