Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would shed some light on the Lowry's (Deano Dyno-Soars). True pioneer innovators of hot VW's scene. Setting drag racing records back in the late sixties & early seventies. They sported the company theme Deano the dinosaur like on the Flintstones on there race cars and most the products. Most products sold were purple. If your not at least 55 & up most people are one generation removed and don't realize how important Ken & Dean Lowry's contribution in creating are industry. Here are a couple of links on DDS.

www2.cal-look.com/nostalgia/lowryrace.html

www2.cal-look.com/nostalgia/advertdds.html

The links won't work. Just Goggle Deano Dyno Soars and you have it.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
In the Feb and March 2011 issues of Hot VWs magazine, there are very good articles about the history of Deano Dyno Soars. Very good reading and some awesome early VW racing history.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I would shed some light on the Lowry's (Deano Dyno-Soars). True pioneer innovators of hot VW's scene. Setting drag racing records back in the late sixties & early seventies. They sported the company theme Deano the dinosaur like on the Flintstones on there race cars and most the products. Most products sold were purple. If your not at least 55 & up most people are one generation removed and don't realize how important Ken & Dean Lowry's contribution in creating are industry. Here are a couple of links on DDS.

www2.cal-look.com/nostalgia/lowryrace.html

www2.cal-look.com/nostalgia/advertdds.html

The links won't work. Just Goggle Deano Dyno Soars and you have it.
I worked for Ken back in 90-92 ish. They would leave things out that make me think now, it was like leaving gold bars laying around. Fun shop to work at. We would make heads water/air like soda pop cans. Baskets full of parts, thousands of them. Plus the intakes. Tons of other parts too. Valve covers, I remember them switching to bug pack. That was A-RPM, but Bug Pack was a thing too. I remember VW pulling copyright later and thinking back about A-RPM. I remember sitting in the dragster and the think room (engine room) that’s where the big 2’ Horizontal disk sander was. We’d qualify casting in that room. There were all of Ken’s and probably Deans tools. I wish I knew what I knew today, then. Thought I’d share, good times back in the A-RPM days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts