Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A formal month away from the only all VW race / show / swap / sale in the Rocky Mountain area.

If you have not been to Bandimere, you have missed out on a premiere VW event. The event is a points race for the MSVWRA but follows the established event provided by the Bandimere facility and staff. In essence we race the formate that Bandimere has had for years. If you are a points member in the MSVWRA series, you will receive points bases on participation within either Pro ET or Street Bandimere classes. 2012 was a complete success with 52 class cars. I would hope to see the same again.

More information will be forth coming. Ban dimere Speedway has an active web site for all day related information on the VW day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great News,Painter's Grinding Just Jumped In As A Major Sponsor For The Denver Race For The MSVWRA,Dayton Painter Is Has Been A Sponsor Of The Bandimere Bugin Since Its First Year,Thanks Dayton

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Lamb Clan is getting ready and looking forward to making the trek Eastward!! Family, Friends, Fun and a little racing!!!! :jig:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome work from the Painters Grinding group! Lets start talking about the event. I have two cars ready to go...how about you? Working on a call to Bandimere for over night camping and as well pit parking as a MSVWRA group. I am hoping we can see the same level of relationship as last year. Will keep you posted.

I know there has been a discussion regarding a visit to Painters Grinding on Saturday for MSVWRA participants. I will let Eddie take care of that. Hotel accommodations can be found on Bandimeres web site. There are general racer rates available through local facilities.

The payout and class structure falls under the control of the Bandimere staff. The MSVWRA supports those decisions and payouts regarding Bandimeres event. Any car which races the Sport class in the MSVWRA as a sport class points participant and then finds, due to the Bandimere e.t. break, to be racing in the quick class...will gain points in the sport class. Bandimere pays out to the quick class only at this event. Extra entry is required to run the quick class ( PRO E.T ). Sport class in Denver runs as a TROPHY class only. No extra cost associated to run that class. All point racers will gain MSVWRA points in Denver. These are broken down into entry= 10 pts, class bonus points per class, Quick and Sport= car total ( example 26 PRO ET CARS ...bonus to Quick class racer is 26........ 32 SPORT CARS....bonus to Sport class racer is 32 ).
All rounds of racing staged and entered receives 12 pts per round with an additional twelve to the event winner. NO BONUS POINTS OR BONUS AWARDS AT THIS EVENT. I will not have control of the results to keep track of those extra points. I will receive a round record from Bandimere to confirm round points.

Please post any questions and I will do my best to work on those questions.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
eric madson said:
Bob...what are you doing in Colo Springs? Please come and hang out with us! Its been awhile!
I got fed up with CA and went to greener pastures. I would like to hang out with you all, if nothing pops up I will attend, only 75 miles and a 75 minute drive.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So for anyone traveling from the West...OK...Utah. Friday night will be a BBQ night at the Madson household. Anyone who needs a place to take a break...we will be around untill Saturday morning. Departing to Denver , camping at the track Saturday night, and returning Sunday night after the event.

Looking forward to the trip. I will see some of you at Painters Grinding Saturday afternoon to have a beer and hot dog. Will see most of you Sunday at the only complete VW event in the Rockies! Points are at stake in the MSVWRA. Lets hope to see a big field of cars!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I Would Like To Thank Eric Gilbert And Tom Hewitson For The PR At The Evergreen Show This Weekend,Eric Had A Beautiful Banner Set Up And Flyers For The MSVWRA Made Up,

·
Registered
194 Posts
Only A Week Away,Anyone Traveling Please Be Safe,Denver Is Very Hot This Time Of The Year,The Track Has No Shade So Bring A Pop Up Tent And Water,Dayton Painter Contributed Some Payout Money For The MSVWRA,Cant Wait To See You All Next Weekend,Call My Phone #303-204-7351 If You Need Directions Or The Use Of The Shop Saturday

·
Registered
233 Posts
kaferman said:
The wife and I will be heading north Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track! :drunks:
Awesome, we can't wait to see you!!! Have a safe journey North!

-Lamb Clan :jig:

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wife and I will head north on Friday. Should be a great time as always. It will be good to see everyone again. Everybody be safe traveling. See you at the track.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts