Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

If money is no object who do you pick to build your engine?

• Lauffers at VW Paradise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roger at House of Power

• Shawn Geers at Geers Perf

• Jack at Jay Cee

• Other shop

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Money is no object and your going to build a dream engine.

Who do you pay to build the Ultimate Aircooled engine?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm currently an "all motor" kind of guy so at this time i'd have to go for Shawn Geers. He's also been very helpful to me when I was still carbureted.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Wow, decisions decisions. What if I called Jack and told him to pick up Shawn at his house, then call Roger and have everybody meet at Paradise to build me a motor. They all build great motors.

Wait, who's gona build my trans to hold all them horses.

I'm done with this, I have to get back to reality.

Good question though.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I am a turbo guy and there is only one choice if you want the biggest most powerful engine out there, he has the market cornered here. I would have to have the Pro Mach 355 CI monster that Marty will be importing.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I voted other... BAD BERGIE PERFORMANCE has got me where I am today and does an outstanding job !
I am a HUGE fan of all of the other builders and consider them freinds ! I have called all of these guy's for advice at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
I have to say Kurt will always get my vote when it comes to building engines, not because we're married or in business together, but because he's IMO one of the best.
That said, if something were to happen to Kurt (cut his arms off, death, etc.) & he couldn't build the engine, I would probably consider VW Paradise over the others that are listed & here's why .......... My dream engine will ALWAYS be high performance turbo charged street motor. Race cars nice but you can't drive them when ever & where ever you want. I don't like being told what to do or how to do it -if I had a high strung race engine it would certainly limit my distance driving. I've met all 4 of the builders listed, & from everything I've seen, Jason at VW Paradise has the most experience with the street engines - Rodger, Shawn & Jack great as they are, are more geared to the racing performance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ummmm Duhh I would build it myself. Pauter shortblock, Moldex Crank,Paradise Heads, AEM Fuel injection, Garrett Turbo And A whole lot of Buck Fitty and ME.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
RED BARON said:
Ummmm Duhh I would build it myself. Pauter shortblock, Moldex Crank,Paradise Heads, AEM Fuel injection, Garrett Turbo And A whole lot of Buck Fitty and ME.
Well thats just what I have! apart from the crank and the money! lol

Oh and i Build it myself.

Must say im lovin the AEM.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
i'd like the mill that don pauter has in his ghia, but in my notch. i'd like to add a variable boost turbo for it as well for those days i'd like to see a bit of track time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If Keoki amd I can run 6.80s in an 1600 lb. dragster with only 40 lbs of boost amd a 90 Hp shot of nos, and having the same engine since 1997, with money not being and object....it still would be US......custom designed and machined block, LA kryptonite crankshaft,Alan Johnson designed billet heads(by the way, talked to him about it-$70,000 after all is said and done with us keeping all the rights to it),Motec engine management system, BME rods,etc.... can you say 60 lb of boost with a 400 shot of nos!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mike Lawless said:
I'm thinkin' Reher & Morrison.....

It is a dream after all.
Haha, that's a good one Mike. Get in line behind the prince. I heard Al-Anabi pretty much owns Reher-Morrison now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Id go the direction Mike is if we are talking ANY ENGINE. SONNY AJ BAE RM......... As for vw platform I am building my dream engine as we speak,,, :turd:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts