Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pics of the Bonbright Funny Car? This was the Bug Bodied flopper that had the twin blower motor in it before they put it in the dragster.
C'mon Brian....I know you must have pictures of it. Let's see em.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Re: Bonbright Funny Car?

Greg,

Do you know how to contact them? I would love to do a where are they now feature on them!

Do they still have any of these old cars?

Is this the same dual blown engine from their dragster?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

looking back on that, it was a cool deal. ecspecially to see someone step out of the box and try soemthing different.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here's the Dragster. It was my understanding that they scrapped the Funny Car and went with the Rail.
Same engine.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Brian Watts said:
Greg,

Do you know how to contact them? I would love to do a where are they now feature on them!

Do they still have any of these old cars?
PM Sent

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Damn! Look at those intakes, the ports on those heads must have been pretty good sized! Brian, let's head to Sonoma to pay a visit!

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts

Dave is a really cool guy !! He has done a bunch of machine work on the last couple of motors I had. The go karts he works on these days are :eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

I wish more people thought and built outside the box like that. Sucess or fail, I believe it only HELPS our hobby out.

I guess there isn't much incentive to do it though, other than just purely for the passion of it. My hats off to those that dare to try.

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts

Vws are one of the few places lrft that welcomes inovative thinking.. certainly not No Hot Rods Allowed...

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts

I just saw and touched the body for this car three weeks ago... the guy storing it <for a friend> says he might know where the chassis is.

It's not in too horrible condition, all things considered. Still has most of the original paint, all the original tim work and windows. Sure is a heavy beast, thick fiberglass, weighs in at a couple hundred pounds I'd say.

·
Registered
318 Posts

Bottom photo by Rich Duncan
[/quote]

Hi Brian,

How can you say that the bottom photo is Rich Duncan when I have the original?

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
I always wondered what happened to it and then I just stumbled onto the last photo

In it's hey day it was twin blown and had a sound all it's own!

[img= width=433 height=600]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/EngineMastersfunnycar.jpg[/img]

[img= width=441 height=600]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/EngineMastersFunnyBugsml.jpg[/img]

[img= width=600 height=450]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/californiakid1/0enginemasters.jpg[/img]

Well looks it has been left to the elements

Anyone want to step up and put it back on the track?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts