Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.fastfabonline.com/index.html

We welcome a new advertiser with some great new products I think everyone should check out to finish off their favorite project!

Here is the first product feature of many they have, a new oval window tach bracket.

Part # 1154-57011

* Oval Window Tachometer Bracket- These are made in our California facility. Designed to fit your oval windows dash perfectly and give that "old school" Cal-look that the traditional enthusiast loves. Bracket is sold in raw finish and includes all hardware and wiring grommet.

We at Ultimate Aircooled thank FastFab for their support, and encourage the members of the UAC to support those businesses that support us!

Brian

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to remind all the UAC members about Fast Fab's high quality products!

If your looking for quality Robert makes some great stuff!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I need one of those decklid stand off's. I finally got my apron mounted on the rear with Dzus tabs this past weekend. Anyone got pics of it mounted? Curious to see how far it actually props it out...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've got their distributor clamp, but my stud isn't long enough to bolt it down... trying to figure out how to back it out a bit more, as it's in too far to even get two nuts on it.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

DRAIN PLATE 8 BOLT (MADE TO FIT CB/EMPI TYPE SUMPS):
New 8 bolt sump plate (designed to fit CB/Empi type sumps) It allows oil changes by use of a drain plug and retains the use of the factory oil screen.

FEATURES:

-Drain Hole
-Works With Factory Oil Screen
-CNC Machined From 6061 Aluminum
-Anodized & Laser Etched Finish
-Won't Warp Or Bend
-Made in USA.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
ryan68bug said:
I've got their distributor clamp, but my stud isn't long enough to bolt it down... trying to figure out how to back it out a bit more, as it's in too far to even get two nuts on it.
As an update, got very good advice/suggestions from FastFab via Facebook messages... I'm impressed. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Fastfab Tack mount

I was looking a Fast Fab tack mount. Was wondering if any one has used it in there car?? Pros and Cons...

Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Re: Fastfab Tack mount

OK If no one has used Fast Fas's tack mount, who's mount would you suggest I use??? This will be for a dash mount tack in a 66 bug...

Wayne

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

Wayne...............I bought one for my '67. I polished mine, but fit was great. Comes with the hardware needed. In raw form they're crude IMO. Otherwise, it works well. My tach bounces on it, so I have a foam block on the back of the tach to push against the windshield to make it solid. I did add the break in it to level it out. I didn't like it pointing downward. Works great now.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts

I looked at those mounts and thought you might get some "tach bounce" issues. The one I have in my 69 drag car a friend made 30+ years ago I'll have to take a picture

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

Yup, they're very bouncy. Like I said earlier, I used a piece of sticky back foam and stuck it to the top back edge of the tach to push against the window. Then I adjusted the tach to put tension against the glass. it's rock solid now.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

Hotrodvw said:
Yup, they're very bouncy. Like I said earlier, I used a piece of sticky back foam and stuck it to the top back edge of the tach to push against the window. Then I adjusted the tach to put tension against the glass. it's rock solid now.
Sounds like you'd crack your window easier to me though?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts