Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
JK Fab said:
Man I waisted soooo much time on that car ::)
Was it your car? What's the story? I don't know why but I like to hear about history about cars, where they came from, where they have been, and where they are now.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
Newk said:
Shoot.... you should ask Jerry how much time he has in that car before you start complaining... hahah ;D
I know what you mean Jeff !! I am just a VERY VERY small piece in that puzzle.

As far as explaining myself, I would just prefer to say nothing :-X

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Marty Staggs said:
I will start a thread in the Dirty Laundry section.
I know that nothing good would come of that.... I'm just glad to see that it is getting out to the drag strip again....

We all have a past and I would love to know that nobody is gonna dig mine up.....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Brian Watts said:
I vote for that too :-\
I think most of us have been around the VW scene a long time.... We should aready know who not to do buisness with and who we can trust to do the right thing.... There is always gonna be that guy that is a loud mouth, $h1t talk'n, knows it all, cheat.... It seems that there is always one out there that shows right up after another one leaves.... I know I've learned my lesson a few times.... If we all stick together we can save each other a lot of problems.... I'd love to go off on everyone I've help, and everyone that has screwed me over but it will never bring back my $$$ or time.... I will continue to help as many people as I can so that I can enjoy this hobby to its fullest.... That is why we should be helping in the first place....

As far as the history of this car, I'm ablsolutly sure that many people got taken advantage of and there were some bad decisions made..... The good part is, after a few changes of ownership and such it is back on the track and you can say you had a part in it.... It is a great looking car and something to be proud of....

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I think that car is BEAUTIFUL and the present owner will have a great time running it.

I also think that Sigfreid and Bly still have the quickest and fastest VW in Canada.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been in the community since the late 70s and early 80s and there have always been the Don Cossey types who are trying to screw you over.

Problem now is that with the internet their are people say, back east who hear a persons name online etc over and over and they think the person "is somebody" when the locals know he is a thieve or con artist.

I feel bad for people who get taken that way

Thats why the feedback section is here to share those things that happen good and bad both. And so far their is more good than bad in their

Not sure what happened with Shawn, disappointing though.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Marty Staggs said:
Yes we all have a past but if you SCREW people, it will come back to haunt you over and over again.
You're right Marty.... If I screw people over, I will shoot my own foot off.... I won't need anyone to pull the trigger for me... People like that never last....

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and say this...... the fella who owned that car didn't intentionally set out to screw people over, it just kinda "happened". Take it for what its worth.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
I'll go out on a limb and say this...... the fella who owned that car didn't intentionally set out to screw people over, it just kinda "happened". Take it for what its worth.
I am not sure i understand eric ?? Please explain further.....

Jeff

1 - 20 of 48 Posts