Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who the fastest woman is to run down the track in an aircooled car?

Just curious, Bored!! LOL :D

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Thought I had seen a woman in a NHRA legal dragster that set a record last year or few years back?

She was running like 8s or 9s I think?

Anyone?

I remember that Lori Brower raced BORs (Brower Autobody was an early BOR sponsor) in the 80s in the old Nasty Habit bug that used to belong to Bob Hole. I think she ran like 11s also. 12s for sure!!

Good question, never really thought about it?

This should be in the Powder Puff section !! ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Didn't find her running an 8, but has been in the 9.0s!!

Nice she is out there representing at the big time races!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brian Watts said:
Thought I had seen a woman in a NHRA legal dragster that set a record last year or few years back?

She was running like 8s or 9s I think?

Anyone?

I remember that Lori Brower raced BORs (Brower Autobody was an early BOR sponsor) in the 80s in the old Nasty Habit bug that used to belong to Bob Hole. I think she ran like 11s also. 12s for sure!!

Good question, never really thought about it?

This should be in the Powder Puff section !! ;D

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just found this forum and I'm going to be up all night trying to absorb everything! Steve and Lori Brower are my parents, I literally grew up at the dragstrip, at the VW drags in particular. This site is like a huge trip through my childhood!

My mother did drive several full bodied cars, including the orange bug that was the original Nasty Habit car, the orange bug later became the dragon lady car. If I remember correctly she dipped in the high 11's in that car. But... I believe she may be the fastest woman in an aircooled VW powered car. We purchased one of the old Pizzo Brothers altereds and ran a turbo motor in it for a while. She ran into the 8.60's with that configuration, although it was at a nostalgia racing even and not a vw event.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
altered7151 said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just found this forum and I'm going to be up all night trying to absorb everything! Steve and Lori Brower are my parents, I literally grew up at the dragstrip, at the VW drags in particular. This site is like a huge trip through my childhood!

My mother did drive several full bodied cars, including the orange bug that was the original Nasty Habit car, the orange bug later became the dragon lady car. If I remember correctly she dipped in the high 11's in that car. But... I believe she may be the fastest woman in an aircooled VW powered car. We purchased one of the old Pizzo Brothers altereds and ran a turbo motor in it for a while. She ran into the 8.60's with that configuration, although it was at a nostalgia racing even and not a vw event.
Tyler

iF your mom being the fastest, check the top ten list here - http://www.ultimateaircooled.com/top10.html and see if she has photos of the car and has time slip and or video of the runs that would qualify her for the list?

Brian Watts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Brian! I did just make a post in the new members section, I'll answer your questions over there so I dont hijack this thread!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts