Our local Top Gun in Fallon nv they treat us good
Fontana is nice not a tree on the property
Vegas is neat
I can't list them all
I can't just pick one I like better then any other

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Like Jerry said, I like Sacramento for the quick ETs but the pit situation and narrow return road are not my favorite. I like Vegas for the nice open pits, convenient scale location and the return road takes you right in front of the grand stands. Just wish it was a lower elevation.

·
Registered
472 Posts
On the East Coast, here are a few

Maple Grove - Redding, PA- well maintained NHRA national event track. Nice camp ground across from the track

Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN - What can I say one of nicest facilities in the country.

Virginia Motorsports Park - Petersburg, Va. - Huge pit area great track surface and it's the home of the Bug Out Memorial weekend and Labor day weekend

Farmington - Mocksville, NC - Good track surface and always a large event put on by SEVWA twice a year

·
Registered
369 Posts
The nicest drag strips "are not in the west", not even close.

South Georgia Motorsports Park (almost in FL)

Milan, MI.

Norwalk, OH. This could be the nicest track, and facility in the U.S.

Brandimere, CO. (sorry for SP?)

Green Valley, TX (back in the AHRA days) It was the first race track that I was at that had anything looking like GREEN grass, trees, hills, etc. LOL

Are the nicest tracks that I have attended, and they are all very "racer and family friendly".

In the west, Las Vegas and Bakersfield are nice racing facilities with by far the best track prep equipment and safety equipment for racers.

My favorite tracks in the west "were" Carlsbad and Mel Larson's (later called Speed World) in Surprise, AZ. I raced at Speed World in 1967.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Favorite tracks....., how about the ones you've won events at!

I've only been to 7 tracks with my car;

Sunset, Mercer, PA
Friendship (Steel Valley), Smithfield OH
Pittsburgh Raceway Park, New Alexandria, PA
Thompson Raceway Park, Thompson, OH
Magnolia, Magnolia, OH
Quaker City Raceway Park, Salem, OH
Dragway 42, West Salem, OH

I started running at Quaker City, and it was one silly little 10 inch Runner Up Trophy at a Thursday Night Street Night that changed things forever. I made over 130 passes that year solely at Quaker, then the track changed ownership. With the ownership change, management turned their back on their new Street Car Racers, along with a VW Racing Group I ran with, the NCVWDRA, and it was then when I looked to see if the grass was greener elsewhere.

Tracks like Quaker, and PRP have large facilities that have had major investments made to them that I don't race at much because I don't like the management. Magnolia might not have a large track, but it is kept up well, and the management is great. Then there is Dragway 42 that has a nice track, but for some reason they ALWAYS accommodated the NCVWRDA.

Dragway 42 is presently my favorite track for the simple reasons, the layout of the track complements my cars performance, the staff was excellent, and I've made it to, and won final rounds there. It was a nice facility that will soon be turning into a facility that may rival Norwalk. The track has changed ownership, and will have investments made to it in the first year that will be more than the other listed tracks combined. I'm cautiously awaiting the grand reopening of Dragway 42 with the bitterness of the ownership change of Quaker City in the back of my mind, but only time will tell.

My one regret was that when I went to Sunset, it was for a fun street race event, and not for an actual race day. The owner passed away in 2012, and the track has since closed, in limbo of reopening with a younger generation of the owner, or becoming a housing development. I guess I don't have too much to complain about when I have 6 tracks within a 3 hour radius to race at.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
411 Dragway in Sevier Couty Tn (4 miles away)
Knoxville Dragway Just outside of Knoxville (45 minutes away)
Cherokee Dragway in Rogersville Tn (1 1/2 hours away)
English Mtn Tn (hour or so away)
Bristol Dragway Tn (2 hours away)
Crossville Dragway Tn (2 hours away)
New Atlanta Dragway in Ga ( 3 1/2 hours away)
Silver Dollar Ga (5 hours away)
Cecil Ga (6 hours away)
South Ga motorsports park Ga (about 8 hours away)
Old Dominon Manassas Va (8-9 hours away)
Radford Va (3 hours away)
Farmington Dragway Nc (4-5 hours away), Probably my favorite because of the VW shows/races and best ETs there.

Tim

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
My favorite facility and track is Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek MD. Top notch facility with amazing track prep.

The best prepared surface I have ever seen is in Holly Springs Ms. You've never seen anything like it in your life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts