Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Frankenmuth Michigan. Ive been in the VW hobby since the 80's and still am. I am the VP of our club Michigan Vintage Vw's and also am a member of the GoodVolks club.

I have a 1966 Sunroof Bug (Ally McBeetle). It has a 2276 with some mods here and there. I drag and cone race it as well as drive to shows all over. I have around 40,000 on the motor. It has a nitrous kit on it but admittedly I have not sprayed it yet (yes it was done right with all the safety backups).

I am also into RC stuff (rock crawling, rc buggy, and rc airplane stuff). I am still married (not sure how, but why question these things). I am a pretty fair modifier and a decent wrench in general. Horrible welder but that never slowed me down.

And that is me......

HI.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome. Clean looking Beetle you have there Dan. I'm originally from Flint, so spent quite a bit time in and around Frankenmuth. Cool little German town. You gotta love the FB beer and BI chicken. :cool:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hi Dan, welcome to the UAC!

I drove through Frankenmuth several years ago, ended up camping north of there in Huron NP.

Nice looking bug! How long did the entire build take you?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
My wife and I are heading home to Bay City this month , hope that white stuff is long gone before we get there, LOL. Nice car. Mike McCarthy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts