Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Congrats goes to Young Racer, Dimitri Bakolas, for the win.
Anthony Hernds gave us a spectacular view of his record setting runs right off the trailer running a solid 9.37, the next pass was a 9.21, then a 9.19 shutting it off early, Congrats for the records I believe he has both now MPH was close to 142.
We struggled a little with a 10.8x sideways at the hit, the next pass was better at 10.25 the 3rd had oil overcome the puke tank, so we possibly have some internal problems even though no signs on preliminary inspection we will leak it down and try to have it ready for Sac.
that's what I know, sorry it's not the full story maybe others can fill in the rest since we were busy.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Lets just say I find how this class is managed quite interesting.
Cars not entered into the class inserted in, not needing to even take the tree to advance, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a good time in Fontana. I had some issues, and blew a intake coupler again. We already have a new intake being fabbed with Vibrant clamps to get rid of all the silicone and stop these issues. I got to meet people I have never met before, and had some good talks. I only got one round of qualifying in, and I never saw the complete order of where everybody fell and their times. I honestly don't even know how many cars where in the class. Either way, I am happy with what my bucket is doing and we will fix this pesky intake issue and move on. I will be skippy the 2 Sac races........Just too much going on to make the long drive for me. But, I will be at Vegas ready to go. I wish everybody the best of luck in Sac, and be safe.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I also didn't see the tree, or whatever Marty is saying.. I thought there where 10 entered we were out before 1rst round we never said we were out because we were working on the car thinking we may still make it, so if we didn't make the call I can see where they could have placed someone.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I also didn't see the tree, or whatever Marty is saying.. I thought there where 10 entered we were out before 1rst round we never said we were out because we were working on the car thinking we may still make it, so if we didn't make the call I can see where they could have placed someone.
Here is a picture of the ladder from Sunday. Hopefully everyone gets their cars running hard for Sac. I have a feeling there might be some record setting passes going down up there. Congrats to Dimitri Bakolos on his first win. Just goes to show that you don't have to have the fastest car in the class to win a race.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd like to congratulate Dimitri on a very well deserved win. As for us, we were having a good day till our incident on our first round single run due to Bobby Miller not being able to make the call. Still haven't pulled her apart to see what the issue is but we'll know in the next day or two. I too am confused on the whole ladder and qualifying that we're seeing, maybe someone can chime in that knows what really happened. First of all I didn't know Ray Mejia was running in ProTurbo because every time we went up for qualifying he was in the next lane over making license passes running with the Top Eliminator cars. I also am confused on how the two cars in the final came from the same side of the ladder. If anyone can explain please do so?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am a little confused with Anthony on this one. This is the first time I saw the ladder, and it does not make much sense to me

·
Registered
263 Posts
It does make you question how its being run, and who is.......and who is not paying attention. As racers we are sometimes too busy maintaining or fixing our cars to keep a sharp eye on whats going on with the rest of the class. Thats where we rely on the staff to keep everything accurate and inline. But like Brian said this is 2 racers in a row with issues in this class. I will not be in Sac, but I recommend the Pro Turbo guys to closely look at the ladder and make sure everybody is in agreement with whats posted......and watch it every round.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Maybe ask your class rep. At the Bug-In I was the Super Stock class rep. My job was to make sure everyone knew when the round call was, make sure the racers knew who they were lined up with and who had lane choice. I didn't even have to do the ladder. The tower computer generated the ladder for me. I haven't been to any BRS races but I'm pretty sure they do the same thing. It's a pretty good system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd like to congratulate Dimitri on a very well deserved win. As for us, we were having a good day till our incident on our first round single run due to Bobby Miller not being able to make the call. Still haven't pulled her apart to see what the issue is but we'll know in the next day or two. I too am confused on the whole ladder and qualifying that we're seeing, maybe someone can chime in that knows what really happened. First of all I didn't know Ray Mejia was running in ProTurbo because every time we went up for qualifying he was in the next lane over making license passes running with the Top Eliminator cars. I also am confused on how the two cars in the final came from the same side of the ladder. If anyone can explain please do so?
Congrats again Dimitri!

We ran Mike in R1, then Dimitri in the next round and was told it was the semi's, not the finals.

Didn't Anthony Vaughn make a qual pass his red car?

·
Registered
263 Posts
How can there be NO runner up? That makes no sense. I thought I saw Ray run with the Pro Turbo cars in the 3rd round.

·
Registered
41 Posts
First of all the ladder was all screwed up. I looked at it and questioned Mark about Ray Mejia that he was doing license passes. Not even in our lane to run pro turbo. Mark told me he finished license passes and was weighing his car to be legal. I told him he was still lining up with top eliminator lane for licenses. He never once ran pro turbo when we were up to run. So for him to be paired up with Jason is wrong. Their was 7 cars not 8. Then 2nd round came and Anthony or was paired off with Jason or Ray and no one showed up to the line. So semi's was going to be Dimitri and Willy. We told them this should be the final due to Anthony not coming up 2nd round to break the beams for points and to advance to the next round. Greg told us we weren't doing it like that today. Breaking the beams. They told us we had Anthony for the final. He was broken so we asked if we had to come up to break the beams for the final. Larry Hole told us we had to break the beams. So we went up and broke the beams. It doesn't seem right when in the rule book it shows you need to make rounds to get points. So I guess Anthony will be getting points for 2nd round and the final which he never showed up. Doesn't seem right when we are trying to run our car to the rules and they change and put other racers on the list when they don't belong and screw up the qualifying positions. So to me the final was Dimitri buy himself since Anthony didn't make it pass 2nd round. Kind of messed up Dino

1 - 20 of 26 Posts