Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best gland nut out there for high HP turbo motors, what head size or does it really mater.
by the way im using a wedgemate, thanks.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I don't know the "best", but I've been on the same Scat gland nut for over a decade. I torque it to over 450 ft/lbs with no problems. Pushing a full weight bug deep 10's on a regular 8-dowel setup without issue. No wedgemate or anything.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I don't know the "best", but I've been on the same Scat gland nut for over a decade. I torque it to over 450 ft/lbs with no problems. Pushing a full weight bug deep 10's on a regular 8-dowel setup without issue. No wedgemate or anything.
X2. We used to use the Berg gland nut until I broke one and lost a flywheel. Scat is the only one that stays the same diameter from the threads all the way up to the hex portion. Most have a relief cut on the outside where the threads stop which happens to be about the same point the inside is cut to make room for he needle bearing. That's where they break. We won't use anything but the Scat for now on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
also a good idea is to deburr the nut flats so they do not dig into the washer,witch will alter the real applied torque as it gaulds&eats into the washer as Ive seen on almost ever one I pulled appart that did not get deburred. it dosent take much,just do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts