Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can someone help me out? I am going to be down in Texas from Mid-October to about Mid-December, Where are the drag strips close to San Antonio or are there any events that will be taking place during that time frame that I would want to know about?

Does not have to VW related, but that is a plus.

Thanks for your help

Evert :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
San Antonio Dragway

I live 3 miles up the road from SA Dragway. Since Chad keeps our notchback up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, we don't go over there much anymore since it has sold. The old owner was a friend of mine and his kid used to drive my Outlaw junior for me. The current owner has had his struggles.

As far as "bracket friendly" tracks and GREAT starting lines go, Little River Dragway, near Temple, TX is by far the best around here. It's about 120 miles from SA, but worth the trip. It is a small track, but the owner is young and very willing to do whatever it takes to draw the crowd. THE BEST starting line and street/grudge program with a reasonable distance of here. They get a lot of the Austin and Fort Hood guys on Friday nights and most Saturdays.

John Strnad (Hailey's Comet Pro Stock) and I have been kicking around the idea of having a "run what ya brung" BIG MONEY (or not) Outlaw VW race at Temple or possibly Tulsa, OK some time in October, so that might be a good one to keep an eye out for. You can go to my website (Junior Dragster Clutches - RPC Racing Clutches) and get my phone number if you want to give me a shout!!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I was hoping you would chime in on my request. Is this your home track by chance?

Look like a good track. Already looked at the schedule and there are plenty of grudge races and test and tune to go an watch.

Evert

Actually I,m a new guy here in the Lone Star State but we are VERY happy to be here.
Pops is a local so he would know a lot more than I do about the tracks here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yo Ho and a...

E., Long time no speak...still in the MIL..? Captain Major or other now..? Austin is only 80 miles from your location/pack up your chit and travel to Austin and see Jesse James @ Austin Speed Shop..just tell him your a friend of mine and im sure you will enjoy the show. What a Metal Maniac..!! The only other place of interest would be a dragstrip called Green Valley/WHAT A DUMP/LOL...no offense to my fellow texans. Drop me a line and fill me in. Hope all is well/you/ve earned it..!! Your friend, Dyno Don

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing good Dyno. I like the idea of running up to Austin to see the sights.

Still in the military and counting down my time to next year. Looking to wrap things up in Dec 2015.

Project is coming along slowly, but I am progressing.

Hope you are doing well. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Evert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts