Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

Greetings from the PNW

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  cannonfoddertfc 
#1 ·
Don't let the join date or the post count fool you, I may be new to the site but I am definitely not new to ACVW's.

I prefer the T1 but have worked on just about every model over the last 30+ years and owned probably half of them.

Spent a good number of years making my living with them but now its just an expensive hobby.

CF

#4 ·
I have owned hundreds of ACVWs over the years but the most that I have owned at one time was twelve and not all of them were drive-able.
Like I said before, mostly type1 but every once in a while I come up with something different. The one thing... that I regret never getting my hands on is a schwimmwagen.

It was a job that turned into a hobby that became an obsession... and eventually a hobby again.

I could spend all morning uploading photos but then I would not be in the shop...

#12 ·
Interisting that you said Greetings from the Pacific NW. Im here too in Hoodsport. As Far as Cannonfodder is said I was once in a Field Artillery outfit 548 FA 17th ***.
Now I'm bringing back a 68 Vw sedan with a wooden body frame on the Beetle chassis that resembles a Morgan Drophead, wwith Empi Mag wheels tha look like
Minilights seen on Lotus and Coopers. Used to hang out at Pete Lovely's shop in Seattle. Pete was US Champion in '55 with his Pooper. A Cooper with a Porsche engine.
Gary Bell
Tire Wheel Picture frame Cat Automotive tire

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.