Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bringing my volkswagens to Greg as long as I have been driving them. You may have seen him at Sac Raceway in a number of race cars. Greg built me a 1776cc engine in 2006 that has always performed phenominal. As a broke kid with extreme willingness to learn a thing or two, Greg would only build on it while I was present. I cant tell ya how much I have learned from Greg in just a few years. I remember when we first started the engine up on his stand. Greg stood right in front of the stinger-less flange and said "crank it". That baby started up at the very first crank. He gave me this look that I swear I'll never forget. Kinda like Frankenstein when he created the creature. "IT'S ALIVE!" I call him the Mad Scientist now. ;D Thanks for everything buddy.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I agree with you 16sec65. Greg has always helped both of my sons when they need help. Greg also takes the time to teach you a little bit of his VW wisdom as well. I plan on having Greg help me with the upgrades on my 67 Bus suspension when the dollars are there.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Never done any VW-service-related business with Greg, but if he runs his business with the same personable and helpful approach he employs in daily life, then I'd say Greg's gets the job done at about 110%.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had Greg do some engine work for me and have always been very pleased with his service, prices, and attitude about the industry. We need more people like Mr. Urrutia in this hobby. :agree:

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
Been doing bizz with Greg's since he was up in redwood city . Or is that down?? great asset to both the Vw community and a giver to the world at large.. a great all around human..And always a good party person too... lucky we stole him from that rowdy Amurican car bunch..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts