2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... here's the senario:

2214lbs
stock 1-3 with a .92 4th
23" tall BFG drag radials

140hp e.t. in the 1/8th?
230hp e.t. in the 1/8th?

i need something to motivate me while i finish the car. thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
you gonna put a 100 shot on it brian from the get go or after the 1/8th?

wallace racing calc says 12.39 BUT with stock gears, your 60 at 2.0 or so ill guess a 14.0. fig 1/2 second off for no gears. half sec for 60 ft. times, a few tenths if juicing it after 1/8th, and tune on motor. i know from past conversations you dont like to rev it past 5500 so ill raise it a little more..

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not adding the 100 after the 1/8... i'm talking about 100 shot from the line and an 1/8th run. i'm gonna limit at 5800rpm.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any updates on the calculators?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I't just 'bout impossable to calculate NOS in a calculator for Quarter mile... It is gonna depend on where you bring it on, where you shift, etc..... It make boat loads of bottom end TQ.....

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I'd guess you'd factor in what the "shot" would add, as in horsepower per shot/pill added to the baseline hp all-motor rating and then factor that in as the horsepower variable in the calculator? What's good is you can fuss with small hp ratings to get a close guesstimate.

I like "SWAG" myself..it makes me sound so much more intellectumammmalll. (SWAG=Scientific Wild A$$ Guess)

Aloha, Frank

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
We don't have a 1/4 mile HP calculator yet..... I figured it keeps the "FANTASY RACERS" from brag'n about the time they are gonna run and gets them to the track.... I tell everyone that I bet I can push my car down the track faster then them, but nobody ever goes for it..... Hav'nt found a calculator for that one yet....

As far as the Calculators go I'm working on it.... Java script (adapting for backgrounds/colors)+ page design+ HTML+ making sure they all will work together on all bousers takes more than just copy and paste.... We could have a chopped up, Wizzy wig, cut an paste, lines don't line up, doesn't work with other brousers, clip art, Built by a ten year old, POS website like everyone else, but were better than that..... This take LOTS OF HOURS just to make sure that it is perfect and not just good.....

I'm working on stuff that will put us over the edge as far as being the coolest VW that ever hit the planet.... Some of it is just simple Widgets in the right place but other stuff takes me Days to build simple graphics from scratch..... The problem Is I work 11 hours a day and have a family..... My wife gets mad at me for spending so much time on the computer instead of with her and th kids.... She'd rather see me working on my car>>>>

I thank you guys for you patients....

G

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
You do a damn fine job, Garry. We're very lucky to have you, and I mean that seriously.

But don't get too excited. Just because I like you and think you do an awesome job with the website doesn't mean I wanna have beer and hotwings at PJ's and play under-the-table footsies with you and Nick.

Come on, dude...... you know thats funny. :sleezy:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
You do a damn fine job, Garry. We're very lucky to have you, and I mean that seriously.

But don't get too excited. Just because I like you and think you do an awesome job with the website doesn't mean I wanna have beer and hotwings at PJ's and play under-the-table footsies with you and Nick.

Come on, dude...... you know thats funny. :sleezy:
Yay.... That guys was realy after Nicks MEAT.... :agree:

It would be nice to take a 2 in the morning stroll up the strip though with Nick...... Did you get some good ALONE time???? :busted:

WHAT ABOUT THAT BOBCAT???????????

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
so67vw said:
It would be nice to take a 2 in the morning stroll up the strip though with Nick...... Did you get some good ALONE time???? :busted:
No. What I got was chaffed thighs. A fat guy doesn't do too well with a warm October evening and a 5-mile walk.

WHAT ABOUT THAT BOBCAT???????????
Yeah, that was weird. Not too often you see a live talking bobcat roaming the streets of Las Vegas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts