Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member. I had a couple bugs about 35 years ago in high school. One was a 64(?) that I drove home and immediately tore apart in my folk's garage. Total rust bucket! I replaced every patch panel JC Whitney had, floor pans, heater channels, lower door skins, lower rear quarters, front kick panels, etc. Then I sold it before I ever drove it again. I have done a lot of fabrication since then, both professionally and as a hobby. Pipe fitting, heat exchanger repair, custom cars, motorcycles, custom trailers, etc. Have a lathe and mill at home. Been doing AutoCAD since '89 as well. I want another VW again, and I want to radically customize it. For this reason I will be seeking out a later model Standard Beetle that is thrashed and not cutting up a nice rare model. Main focus is air suspension with NO CAMBER in the rear! I know a lot of guys like that camber look but not me. I'm thinking I will be looking to the drag race crowd for ideas. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I will have a lot of stupid questions for sure, I hope y'all bear with me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts