Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke.In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ErikTheRed said:
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke. In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.
They were very popular back in the 80s.

And people swore they helped the car become more stable on the top end like Greg says.

If it works it works

It's like the post I made on the Vortex Generators http://ultimateaircooled.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=380.0
which can be seen as ugly but if they help air flow over the car and your goal is to go faster , well...........

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BadDogRacing said:
Those are going on the Shasta Bus this year!!!
I think you should, why not? It can't hurt!

I am thinking of putting a row above the back window in the bug.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke.In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.
Well ETR, from what I have heard, the people that are using this say it helps to stabilize the car, at speed. It might not look cool, but if it helps, why not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
BadDogRacing said:
Wink mirrors are one of the best driving tools when it comes to bracket racing.
I agree for sure! And the wing isn't for everyone but I think it is a personal deal, do it if you want.

If not then don't!

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
BadDogRacing said:
Wink mirrors are one of the best driving tools when it comes to bracket racing.
When I was building the Warbird, I bought a new stock (1962) rear-view mirror for it. Several people asked my, "whats with the rear-view mirror? Its a race car!"

Those dudes obviously haven't been bracket racing. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
Heres the newest version, its called "Herrod's Super Duper Ultra Mega Deluxe Helper". I think I'll get one. ;)

You know what ETR, you and your twin brother B Watts need to hang out on one of those other sites more set up for this kind of foolishness-
ANYTHINGBUTAIRCOOLED.COM
DUMBASSCARPARTS.COM

1 - 20 of 105 Posts