Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ErikTheRed said:
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke. In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.
They were very popular back in the 80s.

And people swore they helped the car become more stable on the top end like Greg says.

If it works it works

It's like the post I made on the Vortex Generators http://ultimateaircooled.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=380.0
which can be seen as ugly but if they help air flow over the car and your goal is to go faster , well...........

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BadDogRacing said:
Those are going on the Shasta Bus this year!!!
I think you should, why not? It can't hurt!

I am thinking of putting a row above the back window in the bug.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ErikTheRed said:
Uh, no, the Herrod does not look cool. Neither do man-sandals.

The Herrod, IMO, is the VW equivalent to a Hondakid "drag wing" on mom's Prius.
What could I expect from you but that response,!

If you dont like Herrod Helpers,bikini contests, and AC/DC then you obviously have a wacked sense of taste

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
ErikTheRed said:
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind.
IN "YOUR" OPINION! ;)

They have sold a couple records I hear, so somebody must kinda like them ;D

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
so67vw said:
I love AC/DC....
Yea most people do, thats how they sold a ba-zillion records! ;D

so67vw said:
I supose you'd rather hear some good ole cow tip, goat rope'n, sister hump'n country garbage....
Not even going to say what I know about his musical concert past :D

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Can you believe the post count on this Herrod thread? Never would have guessed the legs this would have.

I mean either you want one or you dont, but seems to irritate those that dont like them enough to make them post.

Interesting! ;)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
carl nolen said:
Well, you see that "Speedshots"? That's a Eric (hotdog) Ellis' photo. Man, he photo shop that on there. What am I'm going to do with him? I'm going to take his Pink's hotdog away from him, lol.

Actually, I did buy that sometime in the late 70's. My first wing was my CB antenna stand (breaker 1-9 good buddy,remember that? haha). That had to go for the Herrod Beer Stand. What's all this about some areo deal? That really affects the wind somehow? I bought it back in the day to sit my beer on while working on the old heap. And, provides a little shade from the sun. Makes sence to me. Man, I remember the time I broke out while racing for no reason. Once I got back to the pits, I discovered beer all over the place. Must have left a beer on the Herrod Beer Stand and spilled down the carb. Picked up a 10th (speed secret, don't tell anyone).

I now have my nitrous purge line connected to the Herrod Crown Stand (moved up the Crown Royal these days, another haha).

Be cool----------------Carl

That is funny **** Carl!!!!!

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
IT WORKS, its official!!

New April 2009 Hot VWs has a Herrod test on the "Project Mileage Motor" Page 73

With the Herrod Helper they increased mileage by 2.16MPG!!

I will accept all you haters apologies here on this thread in the form of public humiliation of admitting you were wrong!! ;)

Say it - "The Herrod Helper works, and I must have one" LMAO

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
stoneloco808 said:
I bought one back in the late 80's or early 90's. It was on my car for a couple of months then it ripped my car cover. When I got the new cover I removed it. Hopefully it is still in my parents' garage after 20 years or so.
If it is there, and you want to sell it let me know

1 - 20 of 20 Posts