Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke.In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
BadDogRacing said:
Wink mirrors are one of the best driving tools when it comes to bracket racing.
When I was building the Warbird, I bought a new stock (1962) rear-view mirror for it. Several people asked my, "whats with the rear-view mirror? Its a race car!"

Those dudes obviously haven't been bracket racing. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
All throttle n bottle said:
Get one and put it on Clint's bug.

theory:
If it has a wing on it, maybe he will work on it............. BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :D
THATS AWESOME! (And sadly, probably true. Maybe if I tape some string to the driver door?)

;D

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Uh, no, the Herrod does not look cool. Neither do man-sandals.

The Herrod, IMO, is the VW equivalent to a Hondakid "drag wing" on mom's Prius.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Brian Watts said:
What could I expect from you but that response,!

If you dont like Herrod Helpers,bikini contests, and AC/DC then you obviously have a wacked sense of taste
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind. The music is ok, but then that wild banchee with a serious case of strep throat starts squawkin' like a barn owl with its claw stuck in a bear trap and totally ruins the whole thing. Not for me, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
so67vw said:
I supose you'd rather hear some good ole cow tip, goat rope'n, sister hump'n country garbage....
Nope. I do appreciate the often-times patriotic, pro-American lyrics of country music, but I just can't get into the sound. Never could.

I LOVE 70's and 80's music, even made myself a few CD's recently from downloads of nothing but. AC/DC gives me an upset stomach. My other least-favorite is probably Guns & Roses. HATE em'.

Brian Watts said:
Not even going to say what I know about his musical concert past :D
Oh, you mean the Neil Diamond concert we went to a couple years ago? Yup, I dig the sh*t outta Neil. Ain't no shame, my friends. I grew up listening to Neil Diamond (one of my parents faves), but even beyond that, he's a great singer, a great performer, and a great song-writer.

I'm as musically diverse as a fella can get, I think. In my 5-disc changer I currently have Tool, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Coal Chamber, and Chevelle. But no AC/DC or GNR. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Lanky said:
For the record, AC/DC sucks a$$!
You really think they're that good? ;D

BadDogRacing said:
When the original singer Bon Scott died, I was convinced they would never be able to find a lead vocalist to replace that unique sound.
And you were right. They shoulda quit right there. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts