Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
Sorry, but those things look downright silly, almost like its supposed to be a joke.In Greg's case, on the bus, the joke is obvious...... but on a Bug, it appears as though they're trying to be serious, which makes the whole thing worse.
Well ETR, from what I have heard, the people that are using this say it helps to stabilize the car, at speed. It might not look cool, but if it helps, why not.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
Heres the newest version, its called "Herrod's Super Duper Ultra Mega Deluxe Helper". I think I'll get one. ;)

You know what ETR, you and your twin brother B Watts need to hang out on one of those other sites more set up for this kind of foolishness-
ANYTHINGBUTAIRCOOLED.COM
DUMBASSCARPARTS.COM

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind. The music is ok, but then that wild banchee with a serious case of strep throat starts squawkin' like a barn owl with its claw stuck in a bear trap and totally ruins the whole thing. Not for me, thanks.
Excuse me, can I get a set of ear plugs for the old fat guy in the back. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
AC/DC is actually a favorite band of mine as well, so much that I have been following a tribute band here in the Sac area-Riff Raff. They play very close to the original sound and are a cool bunch of guys as well. For you AC/DC fans that would like to check them out, they have a web site. http://www.riffraffrocks.net

As far as the Herrod Helper, I would run one just for the classic look from back in the day, it would look cool next to my wink mirrior.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
carl nolen said:
Well, you see that "Speedshots"? That's a Eric (hotdog) Ellis' photo. Man, he photo shop that on there. What am I'm going to do with him? I'm going to take his Pink's hotdog away from him, lol.

Actually, I did buy that sometime in the late 70's. My first wing was my CB antenna stand (breaker 1-9 good buddy,remember that? haha). That had to go for the Herrod Beer Stand. What's all this about some areo deal? That really affects the wind somehow? I bought it back in the day to sit my beer on while working on the old heap. And, provides a little shade from the sun. Makes sence to me. Man, I remember the time I broke out while racing for no reason. Once I got back to the pits, I discovered beer all over the place. Must have left a beer on the Herrod Beer Stand and spilled down the carb. Picked up a 10th (speed secret, don't tell anyone).

I now have my nitrous purge line connected to the Herrod Crown Stand (moved up the Crown Royal these days, another haha).

Be cool----------------Carl
Well Carl, your not going to save any money sippin the Crown. That stuff aint cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Brian Watts said:
IT WORKS, its official!!

New April 2009 Hot VWs has a Herrod test on the "Project Mileage Motor" Page 73

With the Herrod Helper they increased mileage by 2.16MPG!!

I will accept all you haters apologies here on this thread in the form of public humiliation of admitting you were wrong!! ;)

Say it - "The Herrod Helper works, and I must have one" LMAO

X2 oh yeah.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Brian Watts said:
IT WORKS, its official!!

New April 2009 Hot VWs has a Herrod test on the "Project Mileage Motor" Page 73

With the Herrod Helper they increased mileage by 2.16MPG!!

I will accept all you haters apologies here on this thread in the form of public humiliation of admitting you were wrong!! ;)

Say it - [size=10pt]"The Herrod Helper works, and I must have one" LMAO

You should make them stay after school and write that ^^^^^ 100,000 times on the chalk board.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Kanzapanzer said:
Doesn't Lumas build one that's a little bigger with side dams?
I am sure any metal fabricator can make one, but it will not be an original Herrod. If I was going to get one, I would want it to be og Herrod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts