Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Brian Watts said:
What could I expect from you but that response,!

If you dont like Herrod Helpers,bikini contests, and AC/DC then you obviously have a wacked sense of taste
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind. The music is ok, but then that wild banchee with a serious case of strep throat starts squawkin' like a barn owl with its claw stuck in a bear trap and totally ruins the whole thing. Not for me, thanks.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
ErikTheRed said:
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind.
IN "YOUR" OPINION! ;)

They have sold a couple records I hear, so somebody must kinda like them ;D

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
AC/DC = One of, if not THE, most irritating, nerve-wracking, grating, screeching, nails-on-a-chalkboard lead voices known to mankind. The music is ok, but then that wild banchee with a serious case of strep throat starts squawkin' like a barn owl with its claw stuck in a bear trap and totally ruins the whole thing. Not for me, thanks.
Excuse me, can I get a set of ear plugs for the old fat guy in the back. LOL

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
I supose you'd rather hear some good ole cow tip, goat rope'n, sister hump'n country garbage....

I love AC/DC....

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
so67vw said:
I love AC/DC....
Yea most people do, thats how they sold a ba-zillion records! ;D

so67vw said:
I supose you'd rather hear some good ole cow tip, goat rope'n, sister hump'n country garbage....
Not even going to say what I know about his musical concert past :D

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
AC/DC is actually a favorite band of mine as well, so much that I have been following a tribute band here in the Sac area-Riff Raff. They play very close to the original sound and are a cool bunch of guys as well. For you AC/DC fans that would like to check them out, they have a web site. http://www.riffraffrocks.net

As far as the Herrod Helper, I would run one just for the classic look from back in the day, it would look cool next to my wink mirrior.

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Can you believe the post count on this Herrod thread? Never would have guessed the legs this would have.

I mean either you want one or you dont, but seems to irritate those that dont like them enough to make them post.

Interesting! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
so67vw said:
Nope. I do appreciate the often-times patriotic, pro-American lyrics of country music, but I just can't get into the sound. Never could.

I LOVE 70's and 80's music, even made myself a few CD's recently from downloads of nothing but. AC/DC gives me an upset stomach. My other least-favorite is probably Guns & Roses. HATE em'.

Brian Watts said:
Not even going to say what I know about his musical concert past :D
Oh, you mean the Neil Diamond concert we went to a couple years ago? Yup, I dig the sh*t outta Neil. Ain't no shame, my friends. I grew up listening to Neil Diamond (one of my parents faves), but even beyond that, he's a great singer, a great performer, and a great song-writer.

I'm as musically diverse as a fella can get, I think. In my 5-disc changer I currently have Tool, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Coal Chamber, and Chevelle. But no AC/DC or GNR. ;)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
I think. In my 5-disc changer I currently have Tool, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Coal Chamber, and Chevelle. But no AC/DC or GNR. ;)
No George Strait?

Back on topic.

Carl knows what is up!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, you see that "Speedshots"? That's a Eric (hotdog) Ellis' photo. Man, he photo shop that on there. What am I'm going to do with him? I'm going to take his Pink's hotdog away from him, lol.

Actually, I did buy that sometime in the late 70's. My first wing was my CB antenna stand (breaker 1-9 good buddy,remember that? haha). That had to go for the Herrod Beer Stand. What's all this about some areo deal? That really affects the wind somehow? I bought it back in the day to sit my beer on while working on the old heap. And, provides a little shade from the sun. Makes sence to me. Man, I remember the time I broke out while racing for no reason. Once I got back to the pits, I discovered beer all over the place. Must have left a beer on the Herrod Beer Stand and spilled down the carb. Picked up a 10th (speed secret, don't tell anyone).

I now have my nitrous purge line connected to the Herrod Crown Stand (moved up the Crown Royal these days, another haha).

Be cool----------------Carl

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
carl nolen said:
Well, you see that "Speedshots"? That's a Eric (hotdog) Ellis' photo. Man, he photo shop that on there. What am I'm going to do with him? I'm going to take his Pink's hotdog away from him, lol.

Actually, I did buy that sometime in the late 70's. My first wing was my CB antenna stand (breaker 1-9 good buddy,remember that? haha). That had to go for the Herrod Beer Stand. What's all this about some areo deal? That really affects the wind somehow? I bought it back in the day to sit my beer on while working on the old heap. And, provides a little shade from the sun. Makes sence to me. Man, I remember the time I broke out while racing for no reason. Once I got back to the pits, I discovered beer all over the place. Must have left a beer on the Herrod Beer Stand and spilled down the carb. Picked up a 10th (speed secret, don't tell anyone).

I now have my nitrous purge line connected to the Herrod Crown Stand (moved up the Crown Royal these days, another haha).

That is funny **** Carl!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
carl nolen said:

Well Carl, your not going to save any money sippin the Crown. That stuff aint cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I personaly have had the original on a few cars like my slowest car that ran 13.70's and it does help the car be more stable at high speeds over 100 mph. I even had it on my turbo car until it got sideways in the top end at Sacramento and I built a bigger wing to hold the car down better.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
When the original singer Bon Scott died, I was convinced they would never be able to find a lead vocalist to replace that unique sound. In comes Brian Johnson, and the band became even stronger.
They do have range. Heavy metal to the blues. And.....how can you not like a band with a guy named Angus playing lead guitar?

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Lanky said:
For the record, AC/DC sucks a$$!
You really think they're that good? ;D

BadDogRacing said:
When the original singer Bon Scott died, I was convinced they would never be able to find a lead vocalist to replace that unique sound.
And you were right. They shoulda quit right there. :p

41 - 60 of 105 Posts