Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am currently running a 1600cc dual port with a Bosch 009, a phatboy muffler, and a Holley bug spray carb with the plentum type intake manifold and need some advice on what size jets to use in it so it won't rush so ritch. Also the electric choke is not working.
Thanks,
Caleb0101

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Hi i am currently running a 1600cc dual port with a Bosch 009, a phatboy muffler, and a Holley bug spray carb with the plentum type intake manifold and need some advice on what size jets to use in it so it won't rush so ritch. Also the electric choke is not working.
Thanks,
Caleb0101
Bugspray? I haven't even seen one since 1978. I'd say, upgrade to a single Weber or dual ICTs etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ran single bugspray...then duel spray...on my 1874cc(87x78.8) with fk 8 cam&10.5 cr.for a few years then on to the 44 idf style duels.I dont remember the size of the jets,and I did lots of carb mods even adding power valves so i could leen it out some when it didnt need to be so ritch when not under power situations. it ran ok,but nowhere neer what the idf carbs will do on the same motor.(my sugestion is to go with the empi hpmx duel carbs and have a much better idling&running & much better mpg&power output and happyer engine) I think it had 72 jets in it&I ran up&down from there.no realy sweet spot in those carbs.but they did run good,just now any where what the idf will/did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts