Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Genuine shoe polish isn't good for Lexan or other polycarbonate windows..... it will stain. And that colored GARBAGE sold by Jeg's and Summit will ABSOLUTELY stain your windows, vinyl stickers, and anything else it touches if not wiped off immediately while still wet.

Geddex makes a good dial-in window paint, safe for all polycarbonates, won't stain, and wipes off easy with a dry cloth. Thats for me.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I use the glass chalk sold at WalMart. Better visibility than shoe polish, but wipes off with a dry cloth when you're done. No staining or anything. Comes in colors, but anything but white would look wierd to me.

Cheap and easy to get.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Eaallred said:
I use the glass chalk sold at WalMart. Better visibility than shoe polish, but wipes off with a dry cloth when you're done. No staining or anything. Comes in colors, but anything but white would look wierd to me.

Cheap and easy to get.
I saw that stuff at Wally World, but after my experience with the crap from Jeg's (had to purchase and replace some vinyl stickers), I was scared of it. You say it wipes clean even after its dry? What if it gets left on there for a few days?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ErikTheRed said:
Eaallred said:

Cheap and easy to get.
I saw that stuff at Wally World, but after my experience with the crap from Jeg's (had to purchase and replace some vinyl stickers), I was scared of it. You say it wipes clean even after its dry? What if it gets left on there for a few days?
I've had no problem at all with it. Works great. Some areas take a little bit of spit and a rag to come off, but most will wipe off with your fingers. Oh man, that could SO be taken the wrong way. lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
In most cases, I'm straped in the car waiting on lane choice and which car I pull to determine my dail. Many times, one lane may be a little different in ET and may make a dail choice on opponent drawn. I use a dail in board, as in your middle example that velcros to the drivers window. So, I'm sitting in the car making my final dail choice and pop the board on the window as I'm starting my car to get into the run line.

Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts