Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice how when guys are into VW's and they get a GF who knows nothing about VW's but by the 4 month your with them they want one.

So it would be cool to know how many of you guys gotten you GF or wife to turn into a VW fanatic.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
My wife was actually driving a green 69 Bug when I met her. About 1 month after that, she wrecked it in front of the Cinedomes theater. Now she really hates my VW hobby. I don't know what happened. I knew I should have found a wife at Bug O Rama. DOOH.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buggdude67 said:
My wife was actually driving a green 69 Bug when I met her. About 1 month after that, she wrecked it in front of the Cinedomes theater. Now she really hates my VW hobby. I don't know what happened. I knew I should have found a wife at Bug O Rama. DOOH.
Im telling on you. :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
My GF of about a year bought an OG 66 bug that was TOO clean. Original owner, oh baby! I didnt know if I liked her or the car more. :D So I let her drive mine with about triple the horsepower. ;D She reluctantly stuck with hers. HAHA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange this topic should come up recently. Just this week my wife started asking questions about the bug.
"Can you put shoulder/retractable belts in?"
"Can you put a child seat tether in the back?"
After some consideration, she put her "cough-cough"....Plymouth minivan :eek: for sale and will be using the bug for her daily runabout.
I even managed to get new tires, seeing as I want to make sure she's safe. 8)

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
Mark said:
Strange this topic should come up recently. Just this week my wife started asking questions about the bug.
"Can you put shoulder/retractable belts in?"
"Can you put a child seat tether in the back?"
After some consideration, she put her "cough-cough"....Plymouth minivan :eek: for sale and will be using the bug for her daily runabout.
I even managed to get new tires, seeing as I want to make sure she's safe. 8)
Very cool Mark good for you dude

Oh and welcome to what we here think is the "Ultimate" place to hang out!!

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
My wife loves VW's, but I wouldn't go so far as to say shes "into" them. She lets me be into them, and she lets me spend money and time, and she enjoys going to shows and races most of the time, so thats about as good as its gonna get-- and I'm totally cool with that.

NO WAY shes gonna crawl under one or turn a wrench or get any grease under a fingernail. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
I've always loved cars, but I would have to say it's Kurt's fault that I'm addicted to VWs. He helped me find my 1st car (a VW) & corrupted me with an addiction to speed. He taught (made) me rebuild my own engines when I pushed them a bit too far. By forcing me to repair & rebuild my own I found that I actually enjoyed working on them. Because of him, I have now done more & know more than most men I know.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I meet a lot of wives & girlfriends of owners who just don't understand. They hate the cars & when they come to the shop & see me, for whatever reason they think they'll get some sympathy out of me pertaining to their situation & wanting to ditch the car. As it turns out, they're not too happy with me when they find out I'm a bad influence. :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Well when I meet my wife she couldn't drive I got the pleasure of teaching her. Her dad bought her a 68 squareback for her 1st car. I was working at a VW parts house back then and parts were good and cheap. after we got married I gave up racing motocross and went to drag racing VWs so it's kind of been forced on her. She must enjoy it after all she's been putting up with it for 33 years :happy:

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
My girl was into VWs before i ever met her, unfortunitly the water cooled ones :boooo:. I completely built her a 1967, and she didnt want it, and refuses to learn stick. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
Volksguy said:
My girl was into VWs before i ever met her, unfortunitly the water cooled ones :boooo:. I completely built her a 1967, and she didnt want it, and refuses to learn stick. :wtf:
OK I gotta ask .......... Did you build the '67 for her or did you use her as the excuse to build it for you??? :devilsidesmile: She may be into the water cooled stuff & not driving a stick b/c she knows who's car it really is.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
:nono: It was for her, too damn pretty for me, i like my cars ugly and fast. :eek:k:
Heres some pics of it when i was assembling it before i sold it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts