Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If you were shopping for deals, back in the late 70's early 80's A company called "Valley Core" or Valley *****" as there competitor's referred to them as, sold brand new Kadron kit's for $99 on sale and if you bought 10 sets of Mahle P&C's, $29/set. Johnny's speed & Chrome was right in that era.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Never got to visit JSC, but I did visit Car Custom in I think it was 1998, on a college road trip. Visited them as well as Kymco. Good times, as I'd never seen such huge showrooms before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Small Car Specialty with its annual car show with Dyno Don and the bikini contest, good times :wendy2: :wendy2:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rick Sadler said:
He passed away in December of 2006
Thank Rick, I never heard that one. He was quite a business man. The Huey family lived down the street from us in La Habra. One of his sons, Kerry, was in a rock-n-roll band with me back in the '60s. His other son, (his name I forget), was in a wheelchair, but drove a, 11-second 440 Dodge with hand controls!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you were shopping for deals, back in the late 70's early 80's A company called "Valley Core" or Valley *" as there competitor's referred to them as, sold brand new Kadron kit's for $99 on sale and if you bought 10 sets of Mahle P&C's, $29/set. Johnny's speed & Chrome was right in that era.
I was the representative in th USA for Mahle Brasil selling piston liners to Johnny's, Valley Core, Iap West, IMC, H&H Distributors, Vamp, among others.
We'are sttill caring some parts for the old Beettles imported form Mexico.

·
Registered
1 Posts
He passed away in December of 2006
My father worked for John welding and rechroming wheels. Grew up with John as and his family in Lahabra. His name was Jacob Van Pelt but went by Jimmy. He used to talk frequently to John by phone until his passing. My father passed 2 years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts