Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If you were shopping for deals, back in the late 70's early 80's A company called "Valley Core" or Valley *****" as there competitor's referred to them as, sold brand new Kadron kit's for $99 on sale and if you bought 10 sets of Mahle P&C's, $29/set. Johnny's speed & Chrome was right in that era.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Never got to visit JSC, but I did visit Car Custom in I think it was 1998, on a college road trip. Visited them as well as Kymco. Good times, as I'd never seen such huge showrooms before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Small Car Specialty with its annual car show with Dyno Don and the bikini contest, good times :wendy2: :wendy2:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rick Sadler said:
He passed away in December of 2006
Thank Rick, I never heard that one. He was quite a business man. The Huey family lived down the street from us in La Habra. One of his sons, Kerry, was in a rock-n-roll band with me back in the '60s. His other son, (his name I forget), was in a wheelchair, but drove a, 11-second 440 Dodge with hand controls!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you were shopping for deals, back in the late 70's early 80's A company called "Valley Core" or Valley *" as there competitor's referred to them as, sold brand new Kadron kit's for $99 on sale and if you bought 10 sets of Mahle P&C's, $29/set. Johnny's speed & Chrome was right in that era.
I was the representative in th USA for Mahle Brasil selling piston liners to Johnny's, Valley Core, Iap West, IMC, H&H Distributors, Vamp, among others.
We'are sttill caring some parts for the old Beettles imported form Mexico.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts