Aircooled Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:th_DragRacer:

I had a new engine built, 2276cc, 48 IDF's, FK10, CB Performance CNC round port heads (42 x 37.5), MSD, CSP Python Exhaust and other goodies!

In full street trim, (Belt On, Road Zorst, proper Road Tyres)

ran a 15.5 @ 85.7mph

am well chuffed and there is plenty of improvement to be made as had a knackered clutch.

Just wanted to share, will get a vid edited and up some time soon!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Great job. Your 8hr's ahead of us in Cali. Your on car video reminds me of my bus in the earlier 80's running that long 3rd gear out the back door. My best was [email protected] almost exactly the same as yours. I got also good look at Santa Pod in that vid. Is that red booth where you get the time slips?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
portersprecision said:
Great job. Your 8hr's ahead of us in Cali. Your on car video reminds me of my bus in the earlier 80's running that long 3rd gear out the back door. My best was [email protected] almost exactly the same as yours. I got also good look at Santa Pod in that vid. Is that red booth where you get the time slips?
Thanks for the comments, any pictures of your bus? and what spec was it running? Depends on the event, if its BUSY the slips are normally up the far end by the tech inspection huts in a lil caravan, but at most events they are in the signing in office which is just at the end of the fire up road on the left, just before you swing round the tower and towards the burnout box.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Jesus said:
Thanks for the comments, any pictures of your bus? and what spec was it running? Depends on the event, if its BUSY the slips are normally up the far end by the tech inspection huts in a lil caravan, but at most events they are in the signing in office which is just at the end of the fire up road on the left, just before you swing round the tower and towards the burnout box.
Nice to know the track layout without ever been there. Pictures of my bus are on "2009 worlds quickest buses top ten list" page 15. I did run it with belt off.
Specs: Blue & white 67 kombi, reduction gear box with 3.88 R&P, welded stock 3rd, 4th. beef a diff 4 spider. 28" tall bias ply rear tires. Motor was 1995cc 82X88. Engle 125 cam with stock ratio rockers, 041 heads 40X35.5 mild port job. Berg 42 dcnf carb kit. 8.6 CR. 1 1/2 four tuned exhaust. Porsche rods by LRE 5.352 and thick wall 88's. I invented no wheel hop spring plate stops for RGB in 1983 As seen on Jason Lang's 13 second bus currently.

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
I ran 14.20-14.40 with my stock '71 7 pass same color scheme as the Santa Pod bus.. Mph was only around 45.. Oh wait that is 1/8 mile .. 22.80 at around 56-58 mph..It had a BERG single QP.. Otherwise it woulda been kinda slow. Nice Bus..Now we know what Jesus would drive....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts